A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

No HP sauce and no butter on the toast....I mean the toast isn't even on it's own plate, high risk of bean juice soaking into the toast,  and two portions of beans ???......poor effort

On 14/12/2022 at 11:41, delboy54 said:

Only on Villa Talk I have learned so many new technical terms and important things to consider that are critical for a proper English breakfast:-

Baked bean juice segregation and how important it is and how it causes degradation of the whole breakfast experience

Toast type (granary or white etc? - but never French bread)

Fried bread (but never with toast as well)

Butter pre loaded or left in a small packet for user to smear on, or in a separate mini dish?

Butter viscosity

Tomatoes yes or no?, tinned or not?, in a separate dish or combined with the whole breakfast?

Black or white pudding? but never both

Bacon cooked correctly to the same properties of a plastic rule (i.e. held at one end the bacon should remain horizontal and never droop)

Sausages size, shape and black or not on the outside

HP or tomato sauce (never both)

Fried eggs cooked correctly

Mushrooms? (absolutely not)

Hash browns? up for debate, essential if no toast or fried bread available

Tea or coffee?.....always English breakfast tea

Buffet style or not? and is it good form to go up again for second helping?

And no salad stuff like cucumber, cress, sprouts or lettuce should make itself present within the confines of the English Breakfast

What else have I left off?? You can tell I am slacking at work today 😉

VTID

Derek

Going back to this. This lot couldn't even agree on how toasted the toast should be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Hedging bets in the beans debate is the stupidest decision ever.

That's a disgrace, so much wrong I wouldn't know where to start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Look at this confusing mess

w4dwxaquhxoa1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Oh deary me. What's with beans flooding the middle of the plate, when there is the separate bowl for them? You are going to get bean juice all over the eggs. And the bacon looks like it has been murdered with ketchup. You just need a small condiment, preferably on the side of the plate, not slathered all over the engine room of the fry-up. No sausage, black pudding or mushroom. Frankly it's a poor show. 

Edit- it looks like square sausage which suggests it could be a scotch fry-up.  Personally I would stick with the link sausage, less chance of it drying out.

Edited by The Fun Factory

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

That's a disgrace, so much wrong I wouldn't know where to start.

Beans in an orange juice glass and on the plate is just mad. Beans should not be separate, as it wastes some of the lovely moist (moist which gets left in the glass). Put the feckers on the plate with everything else. It's supposed to go on the toast a bit and mingle freely with its friends, the other ingredients. IF you don't want beans, fine, don't ask for them, but don't do baked bean apartheid and discriminate against them, walling them off in a silo of cold, unforgiving fruit juice glass.

• Like 3

If you’re worried about beans mingling with the eggs before you’re ready, usual etiquette is to use the sausages as a ‘bean barrier’. In the above pictures, what’s with cutting the sausages in half? Pre-slathering the bacon and sausages in sauce is wrong as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am late to the party but for the record

THICK CUT bacon. Good quality sausages. fried eggs (not crispy bottomed, not snotty, runny yolk), black pudding, mushrooms (cooked slow and low in butter), beans (on the plate obviously), Bread and butter (or better still bread and dippy)

MrsVM has tomatoes (either kind) instead of beans and often wants scrambled eggs so I'll have both types of egg. I'm not making anyone poached eggs anymore. I'll eat tomatoes but I'm not fussed. Ambivolent towards toast and fried bread. chips/hash browns - U Wot M8?

HP and Red on hand (unless there's LOADS of bean juice obviously when they're not needed)

Mug of tea.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I am late to the party but for the record

THICK CUT bacon. Good quality sausages. fried eggs (not crispy bottomed, not snotty, runny yolk), black pudding, mushrooms (cooked slow and low in butter), beans (on the plate obviously), Bread and butter (or better still bread and dippy)

MrsVM has tomatoes (either kind) instead of beans and often wants scrambled eggs so I'll have both types of egg. I'm not making anyone poached eggs anymore. I'll eat tomatoes but I'm not fussed. Ambivolent towards toast and fried bread. chips/hash browns - U Wot M8?

HP and Red on hand (unless there's LOADS of bean juice obviously when they're not needed)

Mug of tea.

I prefer toast to bread and butter, think you need something with a bit more rigidity.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Needs a sausage as a breakwater between the eggs and the beans. I might want to mix the egg and beans but I'd  rather it was my decision 

Yeah but the point was putting them on the plate AND in a bowl is f***ing dense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Edit- it looks like square sausage which suggests it could be a scotch fry-up.  Personally I would stick with the link sausage, less chance of it drying out.

agree. lorne sausages don't belong on a fry up. they're bloody lovely in a bap though

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Look at this confusing mess

w4dwxaquhxoa1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

"Yeah can I have a full English brekkie with an additional beans chaser as well please?"

Plus high risk of soggy toast from the bean and sauce combo. 

4/10. WNB

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

FFS it's all kicking off again. Bean juice is all part of the FEB. It won't kill you if it touches your toast, egg, etc. 

mcnulty-pissed.gif

• Haha 4

Â