January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wilson is nowhere near the Scotland national team at the moment. This guy development sounds like its swift

Not saying he is good as never saw him play but to get a international cap so young for a World Cup team is encouraging for him

Isn't Wilson 15?

It's probably no surprise he's not near the national team at the moment.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Isn't Wilson 15?

It's probably no surprise he's not near the national team at the moment.

16 and playing for the u21s

But with no acclimatisation to the premier league

Like I tried to say will this aussie kid play for Newcastle before Wilson plays for us? If we assume Wilson is 2 years off and gets a sniff at villa when he's 18

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are we now jealous of Newcastle because they are signing 18 year old Australians ?

Its a typical negative for negative sake where other clubs can do all these food things whereas we can only do shit

We're in a bad place right now, playing poor football and about 90% of us want the manager sacked with a few more wanting everyone sacked... And we're a point behind Newcastle who are apparently flying and getting everything right 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is that really much different from us signing Rory Wilson? 

If Rory wasn’t Scottish people would be creaming themselves to say how we scout prospects. It’s just a boring stick to beat the club with. Sans Gerrard, we are doing a lot right to ensure the long term prospects of the club. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

So we haven’t just signed a talented crop of youngsters for the academy ??? Also we’ve been linked to Andrey Santos so not sure what your moans are about other than an excuse to moan … 

You are moaning at me moaning, 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is that really much different from us signing Rory Wilson? 

Kuol is ready for 1st team football and will play at the world cup
Wilson is a kid who is no where near ready for the 1st team 

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are we now jealous of Newcastle because they are signing 18 year old Australians ?

Jealous because they have better scouts and a better sporting director and a better transfer plan/policy. Yes 100% jealous 

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

That means very little at this point. He might not even get much game time at the WC - he’s only been capped recently. There’s a huge leap between the Australian League and here. What good is scouting eh if we just buy cool sounding names from abroad? 

28 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Will he though? 

He's a guy with 9 games in the a league to his name, you think he's ready for PL football? 

Edit - and if he's that good and he's that ready and Newcastles scouts are that good why did they spend the summer chasing him that joined PSG? Transfer window closed a month ago and they didn't sign him then, obviously not that well set up are they... 

Edit 2 - also "he will play at the world cup" have you seen the state of this aussie squad? I might check my lineage cos I reckon I'd get a game for them 

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will he though? 

He's a guy with 9 games in the a league to his name, you think he's ready for PL football? 

Edit - and if he's that good and he's that ready and Newcastles scouts are that good why did they spend the summer chasing him that joined PSG? Transfer window closed a month ago and they didn't sign him then, obviously not that well set up are they... 

how many strikers did Newcastle try and sign and fail before Isak? The idea that they are some kind of scouting oracle because of a few signings is utterly laughable. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will he though? 

Edit 2 - also "he will play at the world cup" have you seen the state of this aussie squad? I might check my lineage cos I reckon I'd get a game for them 

He will take the PL by storm im sure of it,  they will also sign Andrey Santos. We should of signed both.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

how many strikers did Newcastle try and sign and fail before Isak? The idea that they are some kind of scouting oracle because of a few signings is utterly laughable. 

They have Dan Ashworth now! Best in the game

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its a typical negative for negative sake where other clubs can do all these food things whereas we can only do shit

We're in a bad place right now, playing poor football and about 90% of us want the manager sacked with a few more wanting everyone sacked... And we're a point behind Newcastle who are apparently flying and getting everything right 

From being a long way ahead of them a year ago, they've caught us already.

The positivity we had as recently as September 2021, they now have.

Fairly unlikely we'll ever finish above them again. This season is probably our one chance left.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe in this depressing echo chamber, but I'd say out in the wider fanbase i've barely heard it mentioned. 

Perhaps the fans on forums are just more extreme. 

58 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe in this depressing echo chamber, but I'd say out in the wider fanbase i've barely heard it mentioned. 

Perhaps the fans on forums are just more extreme. 

Most I have met and spoke to offline want him gone

On 27/09/2022 at 11:20, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Aston Villa 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 could try to recruit 𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 🇧🇷 in the winter transfer window.

✈ Gerson is considering a departure this winter due to the criticism he received in his final days.

#TeamOM | #MercatOM

Brazilian Media: (Coluna Do Fla)

I'd take a risk on him - but if he wants to leave because he's simply being criticized too "harshly" then idk if the Prem is the league for him...

Can we just stump up the cash for Mykhaylo Mudryk! 

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably a bit more to with the fact they appear to know what they are doing and have worked that out pretty quickly, so have overtaken us and are close to leaving us long behind.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Probably a bit more to with the fact they appear to know what they are doing and have worked that out pretty quickly, so have overtaken us and are close to leaving us long behind.

They only have 1 point more than us and have not won a match in nearly 2 months.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 14:39, The_Steve said:

If only we could sign the type of players they do....;)

image.jpeg.ce9fcb9bcbce78711c9d39907def1d47.jpeg

• Like 1