January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i could be totally wrong, but....

Emery seems to like to play controlled and possession football building from the back, mainly between the CBs, MCs and full backs, (currently Mings, Konsa, Kamara, Luiz/Dendoncker - not inc the full backs), on that basis i can see Carlos coming straight back in when fit and a new CD being purchased to allow us to play out from the back, to create a square of Carlos, new CB, Kamara & Luiz or Dendoncker.

Emery likes one wide player to cut in to the midfield and be creative etc, thats clearly Buendia.

He seems to like his other wide player to be a fast-ish, progressive type player, so i think we will buy a winger/wide player/inside forward type (like a Sarr or a Zaha type).

I think he will want a striker, to go with Bailey and rapid wide player, as Emery very much likes to play on the counter when needed.

last on the list is a RB, as for all Cash's strengths, he has some weaknesses on the ball, at least in my opinion, so maybe an outside chance of a RB.

So, in review, i think we will go for:

• CB to partner Carlos who can play ball (like a Pau Torres type)
  • wide player (Sarr/Zaha type), i dont think it matters which side, as Buendia can play either side and cut in to midfield from that side, so i imagine it will be the best possible wide left or right player we can get, and Buendia play in from the other side.
  • Striker - someone also fairly rapid, but able to finish consistently (might not be rapid, dunno)......cant think who we might remotely be interested in?

something like this defensively (take the new players with a pinch of salt ofc):

image.png.ce0c537305ca35c85e5606e9627570fe.png

but something like this in attack:

image.png.95b29efe82b82f22b4cda2ba209929fd.png

Where does Ramsey fit into this new look Villa? He’s looks quite good under Emery so far?

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Where does Ramsey fit into this new look Villa? He’s looks quite good under Emery so far?

i dunno, maybe he will start?, maybe he wont?, maybe he will be rotation?, maybe he will play varied roles?, who knows?

We were linked to Embolo as a replacement for Benteke, remembering that made me also remember Obbi Oulare who's now a Barnsley player but out on loan with RWD Molenbeek in the Belgium second division.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

This NEW Striker sounds like a good player. Who does he play for?

Oakvale, Thamesford, AC Tornado or Northern Spirit, I think, but he's getting on now and has become a bit one footed I hear. :D STRIKER Football Comic #15 - December 2003 | eBay 

• Haha 1