January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£15-20m is not a possibility. No way.

£5m with us paying some of his wages is the sort of offers we'll attract. From clubs he probably won't want to go to.

This.

Nobody is paying Ings what we’re paying him here. 

He’ll run his contract down and then look to pick up a couple of 1 year deals before retiring around the age of 34 I suspect. I think he lacks the natural fitness to play beyond that - could be wrong. 

Everybody knows Ings was a panic buy. We’re stuck with him. I just hope Emery can get a tune out of him. The early signs are quite good.

I can’t see us signing another striker unless we sell Watkins. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think ings would be as difficult to sell as you think. Southampton desperately need a striker their recent struggles seems to have started when they sold us ings.

He would be of interest to teams like a forest bournmouth 

We obviously wont get 30m for him but 15-20m possibly 

So teams that cant afford him would be interested

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Linked to Sevilla GK Yassine Bounou who plays for Morocco at the WC. Emery a big fan apparently.

Can't see it happening unless Oblak is sold by Atletico Madrid and they come in for Martinez. 

• Like 1

I mean apart from Haaland and the Italians most top players are at the WC so can't really write them all off just because it's the WC and international football.

If Emery for example wants a player who plays in La Liga it's probably due to him having followed him there rather than the 1 game at the WC for Morocco. 

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Linked to Sevilla GK Yassine Bounou who plays for Morocco at the WC. Emery a big fan apparently.

Can't see it happening unless Oblak is sold by Atletico Madrid and they come in for Martinez. 

Oblak is a funny one, he has been touted around for big transfers for literally years, but he has been at Atletico Madrid since 2014, so 8 years!

I wonder if he will ever get that "big move".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Oblak is a funny one, he has been touted around for big transfers for literally years, but he has been at Atletico Madrid since 2014, so 8 years!

Contract expires in the summer. And tbf Atletico is a rather massive club who's been pretty successful. 

Just now, sne said:

Contract expires in the summer. And tbf Atletico is a rather massive club who's been pretty successful. 

oh didnt know that!, thats interesting, seems he might be off for that big move then.....

I do wonder what will happen keeper wise at Villa, i know we all love Martinez, but i can also see why Emery might approve of offloading him for the right fee, Emery afaik is very keen on his keepers passing/linking/sweeping with the defence, and tbh i think if we are honest we can admit that for all Martinez's strengths, sweeper keeper isnt one of them, quite possibly why Emery preferred Leno over Martinez at Arsenal?

Not saying we should cash in on Martinez, im just saying i wouldnt be entirely shocked if Emery did want another keeper.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

A combination of Atletico probably asking for an arm and a leg, and not many elite teams needing a goalkeeper presently.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A combination of Atletico probably asking for an arm and a leg, and not many elite teams needing a goalkeeper presently.

And Atletico being among the top-10 best clubs in the world during the last 10 years..

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

And Atletico being among the top-10 best clubs in the world during the last 10 years..

Just the two La Liga titles, 2 CL finals and a Copa del Rey in that time. 

How have they managed to hold on to him !!! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Just the two La Liga titles, 2 CL finals and a Copa del Rey in that time. 

How have they managed to hold on to him !!! 

1 minute ago, burchy said:

This might explain it, also why he’s not moved. 
0ED99BD9-7726-4D95-A03D-6496559279AA.thumb.jpeg.da3f0ea4bfb9816aff69b3e814470eaa.jpeg

Was just gonna pots his wages, beat me to it.  

Only about 6 or 7 clubs in world football could afford him, and none of them need goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I thibk you guys are under estimating how much someone like ings would be in high demand. Has scored goals everywhere he has been. If your desperate for goals and someone proven ings is your guy if you are loooking to stay up

Hence why would we sell him, great back up striker or sub striker or a different tactical option during games. It’s a squad game after all.  Get in a new first choice and then Ings is still highly valuable to support.  Still want that new striker though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deeps said:

Some player thought. 

Don’t know anything about him.  Says he signed for Newcastle, played ~20 games, then sold for £10m back to Spain. What happened at Newcastle then? Without knowing details that doesn’t sound promising…

Edited by nick76