January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

38 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Sounds good man! I must say japan have my whole respect Amazing how there fans and even players conduct themselves etc

you sound extremely busy over there , yeah just look after the villa boys leave out the scousers😝 Didnt realize you were part of hosting and so forth try and enjoy some of the action and atmosphere in the coming weeks if you can 

maybe one day i get to visit 😕 i was looking forward to watching nicolas jackson for senegal as i heard we are linked with him but i think most of it is lazy journalism we seemed to be linked with the whole villareal squad.

I went to school with Nicolas Jackson. Probably not the same one, he would be in his late 50s now

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, sne said:

Linked to Sevilla GK Yassine Bounou who plays for Morocco at the WC. Emery a big fan apparently.

Can't see it happening unless Oblak is sold by Atletico Madrid and they come in for Martinez. 

No way to anybody called Bono at the club

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Don’t know anything about him.  Says he signed for Newcastle, played ~20 games, then sold for £10m back to Spain. What happened at Newcastle then? Without knowing details that doesn’t sound promising…

I think he was homesick. I remember Newcastle fans liking him

• Thanks 1

On 24/11/2022 at 08:36, duke313 said:

Where does Ramsey fit into this new look Villa? He’s looks quite good under Emery so far?

still one of the best carriers, we have on the books.....needs a few tweaks on his game, which I am sure , Unai will do.

I see him as a first teamer now.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

What sort of midfielder is Merino? I had a quick look at the video before the music gave me ear cancer and he looks like a left footed Donck?

ye not far off, 6ft 2, fairly physical when needed, covers the pitch well, i would say from watching that he's like Donk but with slightly less defensive capability, but more passing capability and more mobile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nick76 said:

Don’t know anything about him.  Says he signed for Newcastle, played ~20 games, then sold for £10m back to Spain. What happened at Newcastle then? Without knowing details that doesn’t sound promising…

He was just young. Benitez had him and he was in and out. It's no different to Veretout not looking that amazing for us but going on to have very good career in Italy and France.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's a top class 8 who can also play as a DM if needed. Would be a real upgrade on McGinn and scores more than Luiz. I watched La Real regularly two seasons back and he always stood out for them alongside Odegaard, Isak and Oryazabal, also has good physical presence.

Very excited if that's the type Emery will be interested in and attracting to us. He's had quite an interesting career aswell, was at Dortmund and Newcastle in early 20s so already had spells abroad but real break out has been moving back to La Liga.

Very underrated player. Him and Kamara as the pivot with Luiz and Dendoncker as alternatives is pretty good for emerging top half team, all in 23-27 age range also.

If we get the 2-3 big signings right we could have a very exciting squad in six months time.

Yeah he's a good player. I just don't see us spending that type on money on a CM in January.

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So…

——————Watkins————————
Bailey—————————Chukwueze
——————Ramsey————————
———Kamara——Merino——————

In Jan yeh? 

This would be better although I'm only going on others about Chukwueze and I'm still thinking Buendia should be in the XI, and Ramsey (as you put) is pushing for a position.  I think Luiz is mainstay.

——————Ings/Another——————
Bailey—————————Chukwueze
———Merino—Luiz—Kamara———

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

This would be better although I'm only going on others about Chukwueze and I'm still thinking Buendia should be in the XI, and Ramsey (as you put) is pushing for a position.  I think Luiz is mainstay.

——————Ings/Another——————
Bailey—————————Chukwueze
———Merino—Luiz—Kamara———

Together with a back four of: Digne  Torres  Carlos  Cash and Martinez in goal?

• Like 1