January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yunus Musah looks a great prospect and Emery will know of him from playing against Valencia… Be interesting to see who goes for him 

Would be a great addition to the midfield! 

51 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'd take Pulisic, he's looked quality tonight. 

I like Pulisic. Always fairly impressed when he plays for Chelsea. 

He could work well in the winger/striker role we have in the two up front. 

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'd take Pulisic, he's looked quality tonight. 

Destined to end up in Bundesliga for a few years before finishing up in the MLS. Great player, only 24; don't think he join us, or that we could afford him unless willing to comfortably break our transfer record and wage ceiling.

Injuries have always haunted Pulisic.  Can never get a steady run of games because of them.  We can't afford him anyway.  From a marketing and shirt sales perspective, he's worth more to Chelsea being on their bench than selling for market value.

Would love to spend big on Gio Reyna, though.  Kid could be world class in a few years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Destined to end up in Bundesliga for a few years before finishing up in the MLS. Great player, only 24; don't think he join us, or that we could afford him unless willing to comfortably break our transfer record and wage ceiling.

If that was the case only one German team could afford him and he isnt good enough for them

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If that was the case only one German team could afford him and he isnt good enough for them

Dortmund will also easily be able to afford to bring him back when they are forced to sell Bellingham, which is sooner rather than later. 

Looking at some of the verified contracts across Europe I think we might do our shopping away from Serie A, and La Liga as loads of the mid to top level players are on salaries that we might struggle to match, let alone tempt away. 

For me we should be looking at the German and Holland markets as the money to pay big bucks just isn’t there for clubs other than Bayern, Leipzig, etc  France is a good shopping destination too  

Some examples….

Gakpo 19k pw, Schick 56k pw, Laimer 45k pw, M. Thuram 61k pw, Kamada 38k pw, Diaby 34k pw, Newhaus 30k pw, Gvardiol 21k pw, Madueke 12k pw, Cherki 5k pw, Moukoko 0.5k pw. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Looking at some of the verified contracts across Europe I think we might do our shopping away from Serie A, and La Liga as loads of the mid to top level players are on salaries that we might struggle to match, let alone tempt away. 

For me we should be looking at the German and Holland markets as the money to pay big bucks just isn’t there for clubs other than Bayern, Leipzig, etc  France is a good shopping destination too  

Some examples….

Gakpo 19k pw, Schick 56k pw, Laimer 45k pw, M. Thuram 61k pw, Kamada 38k pw, Diaby 34k pw, Newhaus 30k pw, Gvardiol 21k pw, Madueke 12k pw, Cherki 5k pw, Moukoko 0.5k pw. 

I thought Chelsea signed Gvardiol for like 85 million?

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

I thought Chelsea signed Gvardiol for like 85 million?

It was rumored that Chelsea had Nkunku and Gvardiol deals which were very close to being completed but I don’t think those were ever confirmed.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

7 hours ago, burchy said:

Some examples….

Only 3 teams in Italy and Spain are probably paying more in wages than us

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It was rumored that Chelsea had Nkunku and Gvardiol deals which were very close to being completed but I don’t think those were ever confirmed.

Think Nkunku has a £60M release clause so think he’ll be off after the World Cup definitely. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2022 at 14:38, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure I buy that. If that were the case, he wouldn't be running his contract down! 
He'll have claret and blue in his blood if we offer him £160k a week (not saying we will). 

Zaha is a terrific player but not sure he's what we need or if it's a sensible move right now. That said, to get a player of his quality, you're going to need to spend about £30-50m in transfer fees and that's without the wages of the player in question on top of that. 
Players on free transfers are so attractive to clubs given the avoidance of the initial outlay. 

To put it into perspective using crude maths and very little real understanding of how transfers work...

Lets say we signed Zaha on a 3yr deal on £175k a week. That is £175,000*156. Total outlay of £27,300,000.
Buendia cost us £35,000,000 + his wages (I assume 70k a week for 4 years). Total outlay of £49,500,000. 

These are two very rough examples and don't take into account things like resale value and age. All I'm saying is, the free transfer market can really throw up some great deals for clubs. 

yeah, but he's also too old....we don't want too many the wrong side of 30.

On 18/11/2022 at 15:57, Thug said:

if you go through player threads, I think you’ll find that in general any signing we make is given a decent welcome.

It’s only when they turn out to be duds do we get arsey.

So I can’t agree with what you say.

I didn't say it.....I endorsed it.