January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Spanish gossip rags also linking us to Mikel Merino from Sociedad. Don't see that one happening either in January.

5 minutes ago, deeps said:

Some player though. 

funny to think he was at Newcastle for 2 years, wonder what happened there.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

£15-20m is not a possibility. No way.

£5m with us paying some of his wages is the sort of offers we'll attract. From clubs he probably won't want to go to.

Then best we keep him. Without his goals were would be this season ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, messi11 said:
36 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Don't you already have a list of over100 players that you want signing in January? 

over 1000

Yet ironically I don’t remember you saying we should sign Messi 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I do wonder what will happen keeper wise at Villa, i know we all love Martinez, but i can also see why Emery might approve of offloading him for the right fee, Emery afaik is very keen on his keepers passing/linking/sweeping with the defence, and tbh i think if we are honest we can admit that for all Martinez's strengths, sweeper keeper isnt one of them, quite possibly why Emery preferred Leno over Martinez at Arsenal?

Not saying we should cash in on Martinez, im just saying i wouldnt be entirely shocked if Emery did want another keeper.

Emi is the last player that I want to leave us. We like him and he likes us. Until that changes, then I hope that we would rebuff any offers that were made for him. I think we would struggle to find a better keeper, who would be willing to join us. I'm sure a fair few other clubs would like him, but we don't have to sell and he shows no signs of demanding a transfer. He may not be the very best sweeper/keeper, but he's the best keeper we have had at Villa Park for 40 years in my opinion and he's a "keeper" for me. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate I haven't had the chance to enjoy anything yet have been crazy busy hosting and coordinating etc 

Have two sets of people coming in tomorrow, one set of Villa fans, and one set of Scouse fans.

As you can imagine with thes things, anything which can go wrong logistically has, and probably will 🤣

Yeah the place is pretty buzzing so it's extremely annoying I cant partake yet.

Seeing more and more videos from people saying they are pleasantly surprised about the place and fun.

Got alot of mega music festivals etc happening at the same time.

The Japanese have gone a long way to help keeping the place clean, what an outstanding set of people they are!

I'll probably be able to have my fun when it calms down after group stages.

If there was any scouting for bargains you might have to look no further than the Saudi team! Lol

Sounds good man! I must say japan have my whole respect Amazing how there fans and even players conduct themselves etc

you sound extremely busy over there , yeah just look after the villa boys leave out the scousers😝 Didnt realize you were part of hosting and so forth try and enjoy some of the action and atmosphere in the coming weeks if you can 

maybe one day i get to visit 😕 i was looking forward to watching nicolas jackson for senegal as i heard we are linked with him but i think most of it is lazy journalism we seemed to be linked with the whole villareal squad.

• Like 1