January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

19 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/first-team/wilfried-zaha-opens-up-on-foundation-roots-to-ivory-coast-and-relationship-with-stormzy/2022-05-30/

For all the “Zaha is a melt” brigade. 

Zaha is a shithouse on the pitch but gives back to the community off the pitch.

If he signs for us your second paragraph is my point of reference, if he doesn’t then that’s confirmation of the first part of your post. 

On 19/11/2022 at 21:03, AshVilla said:

No thanks to Zaha.

30 years of age his best days are behind him and his wages will cost a fortune.

Rather us take a punt on upcoming talent with longer potential upside such as Jackson from Villareal.

This isn't true at all though. He's been excellent this season.

Zaha is on £130k/w apparently. How much do we think he'll be asking for his last big payday contract? £200k/w? He might settle for £150k/w if a team throws in an extra year and give him a 4 year contract.

My verdict on Saha, he's not a player I would have wished for without a link because of his age, but also he's not a player I would complain about if we signed, as he's almost guaranteed to bring goals and assists, he's not reliant on pace either, so probably still good for another two or three maybe four seasons.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Zaha is on £130k/w apparently. How much do we think he'll be asking for his last big payday contract? £200k/w? He might settle for £150k/w if a team throws in an extra year and give him a 4 year contract.

I’m not sure that should be us though, while I think he’s a good talent I’m hoping they can take a different route in terms of age and value for money.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure that should be us though, while I think he’s a good talent I’m hoping they can take a different route in terms of age and value for money.

Same here.

• Like 1

If we do sign Zaha I'd worry for the future of Digne. Zaha isn't exactly known for tracking back and Digne's strengths aren't really as a defensive full back. I don't think you could play both on the left at the same time without leaving defensive holes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

He strikes me as a big fish in small pond with a big payday in Europe ahead of him. If I was 30 and could land a relatively "soft" big contract in Spain or Ligue 1, I'd give B6 a skip.

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

He strikes me as a big fish in small pond with a big payday in Europe ahead of him. If I was 30 and could land a relatively "soft" big contract in Spain or Ligue 1, I'd give B6 a skip.

Are there big pay days available now in Europe, the big money is here in the PL aside from a few.

• Like 3

Just now, ccfcman said:

Only 1 club in France and 2 in Spain that pay out those kind of salaries. He ain't good enough for Real and Barca are broke. PSG have a pretty decent attack already. Maybe one of the big Serie A clubs would go for him, they seen to rate PL players.

• Like 1

Maybe I’m in the minority but I’d love Zaha here. I hate the kid when we play against them and we don’t have enough of those players. He’d immediately be our best attacker imo

Zaha is quality and is the player I wanted us to sign to replace Jack. His age isn't ideal now and we would have to give him a deal up to the age of 34, but he'd definitely aid us in the next couple of years getting us European football.