January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Im sure @JAMAICAN-VILLAN is based in qatar can you do some scouting for us and just out of curiosity whats the atmosphere like ,btw looks amazing and so clean out there  😍 tell Emi to take it easy we need him for sure

Mate I haven't had the chance to enjoy anything yet have been crazy busy hosting and coordinating etc 

Have two sets of people coming in tomorrow, one set of Villa fans, and one set of Scouse fans.

As you can imagine with thes things, anything which can go wrong logistically has, and probably will 🤣

Yeah the place is pretty buzzing so it's extremely annoying I cant partake yet.

Seeing more and more videos from people saying they are pleasantly surprised about the place and fun.

Got alot of mega music festivals etc happening at the same time.

The Japanese have gone a long way to help keeping the place clean, what an outstanding set of people they are!

I'll probably be able to have my fun when it calms down after group stages.

If there was any scouting for bargains you might have to look no further than the Saudi team! Lol

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Mohammed Kudus looks a baller. Sign him up

You’ve signed 78 players from the WC so far and we still have Brazil to play who are bound to have double digit number of players to sign 😂

Think we need to petition the Premier League for more subs per game, maybe 30 subs per game instead of just 5.

• Haha 2

Be surprised if we sign a striker while Watkins and Ings are both still here.

For all his irritating weaknesses, Watkins gives you such a base to work from up front. If he wasn't at Villa, I think he'd be much much higher rated on here.

Chukwueze would be so exciting. I think he'd be an impact player initially though, and I'm not sure we have the money to be buying £30m+ impact players.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Be surprised if we sign a striker while Watkins and Ings are both still here.

For all his irritating weaknesses, Watkins gives you such a base to work from up front. If he wasn't at Villa, I think he'd be much much higher rated on here.

Chukwueze would be so exciting. I think he'd be an impact player initially though, and I'm not sure we have the money to be buying £30m+ impact players.

I’d be surprised if we don’t buy a striker in the next two windows.  Whatever happens with either Ings or Watkins will be determined many factors including other clubs interest in them.  I don’t think it’ll be the case that we have to definitively sell first before we buy in the striker department.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d be surprised if we don’t buy a striker in the next two windows.  Whatever happens with either Ings or Watkins will be determined many factors including other clubs interest in them.  I don’t think it’ll be the case that we have to definitively sell first before we buy in the striker department.

I suppose if you look at Bailey as a winger/striker you could buy a forward and not be left with a surplus of players on big money.

No one is ever buying Ings. We've given him his retirement contract.

Watkins will attract interest if we let him get down to 18/24 months.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I suppose if you look at Bailey as a winger/striker you could buy a forward and not be left with a surplus of players on big money.

Depends what we ask for Ings, he’s only 30 years old and shown recently he can score in this league with 6 in 16 games this season.  I bet for the right deal some clubs would be interested.  Watkins for his age will attract interest.  Depending who we buy in terms of style then will also depend on who we’d want to sell but I’m not sure we’d want to sell Ings because he can score goals from the bench and a great back up striker if we did get a new first choice striker.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Depends what we ask for Ings, he’s only 30 years old and shown recently he can score in this league with 6 in 16 games this season.  I bet for the right deal some clubs would be interested.  Watkins for his age will attract interest.  Depending who we buy in terms of style then will also depend on who we’d want to sell but I’m not sure we’d want to sell Ings because he can score goals from the bench and a great back up striker if we did get a new first choice striker.

Ings only has 18 months left on his contract with us doesnt he?

I think it was a 3 year with 1 year option?, pretty sure we wont take up the optional year!

Forest fancied Lingard on a free, maybe someone out there would take him for a small...or no fee.......this summer?

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ings only has 18 months left on his contract with us doesnt he?

I think it was a 3 year with 1 year option?, pretty sure we wont take up the optional year!

Forest fancied Lingard on a free, maybe someone out there would take him for a small...or no fee.......this summer?

Not sure why we’d sell him for a small fee or no fee…he scores goals. Now Gerrard ball is out the way, we can see he can score if given the chance and service.  I think it would have to be a reasonable fee for us considering selling him because goalscorers are hard to come by and if we brought another first choice striker I can easily see Ings being the back up striker for the next few years under Emery.  I’m not sure why we’d sell if for nothing or small fee, he’s a valuable member of the squad.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I dont think ings would be as difficult to sell as you think. Southampton desperately need a striker their recent struggles seems to have started when they sold us ings.

He would be of interest to teams like a forest bournmouth 

We obviously wont get 30m for him but 15-20m possibly 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think ings would be as difficult to sell as you think. Southampton desperately need a striker their recent struggles seems to have started when they sold us ings.

He would be of interest to teams like a forest bournmouth 

We obviously wont get 30m for him but 15-20m possibly 

£15-20m is not a possibility. No way.

£5m with us paying some of his wages is the sort of offers we'll attract. From clubs he probably won't want to go to.

• Haha 1