January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I actually think Palace are a team that uses the most of their location and is scouting young English / London talent really well and they're a team who I thought would be a surprise package this season and will eventually challenge top 10 with us

We take Zaha off their hands for a fair whack and a good wage and they will buy a kid who we will question if we should have gone for in the first place rather than overpaying for the older model

Madueke is the one that comes to mind straight away

• Like 2

No thanks to Zaha.

30 years of age his best days are behind him and his wages will cost a fortune.

Rather us take a punt on upcoming talent with longer potential upside such as Jackson from Villareal.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

All of a sudden, in that 442 shape we now have so many options.

There's not really a weakness throughout the squad. Perhaps up front? Watkins and Ings are like one very good striker if you roll them into one.

Wouldn't mind keeping out of it in January, if Emery continues to size up what he wants.

If we do go for a striker, Evanilson at Porto is someone we could get who I think will grow into a top player. Not sure on Marcus Thuram who I saw a very tentative link to.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There's not really a weakness throughout the squad. Perhaps up front? Watkins and Ings are like one very good striker if you roll them into one.

Wouldn't mind keeping out of it in January, if Emery continues to size up what he wants.

If we do go for a striker, Evanilson at Porto is someone we could get who I think will grow into a top player. Not sure on Marcus Thuram who I saw a very tentative link to.

i would like to see us get a wide player (ie: wide player/inside forward......you know, the modern type winger, inside forward type...) to play on the opposite side to Buendia, as Buendia can play the left or right of the 442 cutting in, then i would like the best player we could get on either of those sides, then Buendia can do the opposite imo......(if that makes sense?)

Striker also, to play ahead of Bailey in his winger, inside forward, second striker role.

less critical, but i can see us doing this by the end of the summer, a new CD.

Even lower on the list, a new RB, i like Cash, but i do think he is limited in some area's, and a super high quality RB would elevate that defensive line imo (especially alongside a new CD to go with Carlos).

ie:

image.png.442aa63eb8492054dd5822bd4a44035f.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I imagine he’ll want pace up top and out wide. We have that to an extent in Bailey and Watkins but I think he’ll want a couple more options. 

A top striker and another wide player gives us serious options both in a 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1 formation 

Not sure we can afford another striker on big money with Ings and Watkins both here? Would we need to get rid of one? We both know Ings isn’t going anywhere. Having both Coutinho and Buendia here also limits how much we can spend on another attacking player. 

Id love us to really trim the squad as well as adding to it in Jan and the Summer. 

13 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Probably all part of the dance for is agent to get him a better deal @ Palarse. 

Doesn't feel like the sort of player we'd go for. 

I think they are convinced he isnt signing a new deal

I don’t think Thuram would be big money and he’d be a good option for us. He’s relatively late to the ST/CF role as tended to be a LW previously so could be a risk but he’s tearing it up in Germany under Farke or whatever his name is. 

I like the look of Evanilson too but I don’t think he’s ever really been that prolific and seems a bit of a CAM/CF hybrid to me. Might be good as an option for Bailey if we go with a ST and SS system. 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Madueke would suit us 

Hasn’t really played that much over the last two years as he had a load of injuries last year, has potential though and is pacey.

I’d prefer Gakpo and then play Bailey on the right. 

I spoke to Palace fans about Zaha on the train back to New St last year.

We both agreed….

Zaha is a player you can only actually like if he is playing for you.

My opinion as of now is that he’s a tw@t that may change depending on wether he ever plays for us or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I’d take Tammy for sure. 

Despite what some may say i think he is better player than watkins and offers more than ings. He isnt afraid to come in deep and help out.

I think under emery he would be reborn

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Linked with tanmy for next summer.

You know my answer on that one despite him nit havin a good season at roma i still think he is a exceptional player. He couls be home sick or unsettled in italy

He's just not a good finisher, always a badly under performs his xG, every season, the exact opposite of Ings who consistently outscores his xG

• Like 1