January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Despite what some may say i think he is better player than watkins and offers more than ings. He isnt afraid to come in deep and help out.

I think under emery he would be reborn

I disagree, I think Watkins is certainly a better player. Ings is 100% a better finisher

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

He's just not a good finisher, always a badly under performs his xG, every season, the exact opposite of Ings who consistently outscores his xG

He scored goals at chelsea us and roma his 1st season. I do think it could be more he is home sick hence why he is not doing as well his 2nd season. And lets be honesybits mourinho we know what a arse he is!

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He scored goals at chelsea us and roma his 1st season. I do think it could be more he is home sick hence why he is not doing as well his 2nd season. And lets be honesybits mourinho we know what a arse he is!

He scores goals and is a good player. Just not an improvement on the forwards we have. Improving on the two we have will be difficult

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He scores goals and is a good player. Just not an improvement on the forwards we have. Improving on the two we have will be difficult

The thing for  me with watkins is he is pretty hopeless away from home. Put it in the home games most of the time but away he is just poor.

Tammys played at a higher level for him id rather have him out of the two up front. 

I do think though we will look elsewhere but would be thrilled with tammy knows thw club and alit of the players. Would easily settle

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing for  me with watkins is he is pretty hopeless away from home. Put it in the home games most of the time but away he is just poor.

Tammys played at a higher level for him id rather have him out of the two up front. 

I do think though we will look elsewhere but would be thrilled with tammy knows thw club and alit of the players. Would easily settle

I think it's hard to judge a lot of our players given how poor Gerrard was, especially our attacking players were crippled by his set up. Also Wakins (like many strikers) goes hot and cold during a season. He's been cold this season so far and hopefully gets going now after the WC. As an all round player he's excellent and will hopefully excel under Emery

Just now, CVByrne said:

I think it's hard to judge a lot of our players given how poor Gerrard was, especially our attacking players were crippled by his set up. Also Wakins (like many strikers) goes hot and cold during a season. He's been cold this season so far and hopefully gets going now after the WC. As an all round player he's excellent and will hopefully excel under Emery

I think thats a fair point about gerrard my onky point would be ollie was not of the stabdard of his 1st season under smith and just seems to have dramatically got worse as each season has gone on.  2 goals in 14 appearances is really poor

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like Tammy, and he was great for us, but our time has passed with him. I can't see him being an Emery player and I think we'll be looking for someone else who can offer a bit more.

Also, he barely knows anyone at VP anymore. Only Mings and McGinn are left from when he was here. Plus a few squad players (Steer, Davis and Hause I think). 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AshVilla said:

No thanks to Zaha.

30 years of age his best days are behind him and his wages will cost a fortune.

Rather us take a punt on upcoming talent with longer potential upside such as Jackson from Villareal.

Crazy talk

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I like Tammy, and he was great for us, but our time has passed with him. I can't see him being an Emery player and I think we'll be looking for someone else who can offer a bit more.

Also, he barely knows anyone at VP anymore. Only Mings and McGinn are left from when he was here. Plus a few squad players (Steer, Davis and Hause I think). 

Yea your right konsa and luiz were signed afyer we came up as i included them.

But he would have known ollie form england i think. But knowing mings helps as he is such a massive influence in the dressing room

Ollie and Danny are both great guys. And great players on their day. But I think they're both replaceable. We need more consistency and simply more goals from that position. Sell while we can still get a decent return. 

• Like 1

As ever lots of speculation over new players including questions over the futures of Augustinsson and Bednarek. Any ideas on suitable full backs? I think we need cover and challenge for both Digne and Cash - Ash is coming to the end of his career and I’m not happy with using a CB as cover.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

To other clubs Martinez is worse. I like players like that when they're on our side

Yes so do I, other fans have a big problem with Emi and with Tyrone too. Just like they used to have with Jack before he left, I suspect a lot of that is because they see them as a threat. 

• Like 1

Theses Wilfred Zaha links seem to be gaining speed. I’m almost certain we here on Villatalk started talking about him well before the links started. Is he word removed to play against yes but If we did sign him I guarantee everybody would love him. Absolute class player. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

As ever lots of speculation over new players including questions over the futures of Augustinsson and Bednarek. Any ideas on suitable full backs? I think we need cover and challenge for both Digne and Cash - Ash is coming to the end of his career and I’m not happy with using a CB as cover.

I’d like us to go for Ryan Sessegnon to compete with Digne with KKH and Cash @ RB