January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No official (least of all Unai), would openly say, "I'm frustrated".

Managers hint at it just before and during the window, but no point immediately afterwards.

It is what it is.

Conte would probably publicly admit to being frustrated, but he doesn't count.

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Definitely also puts a premium on the necessity of us delivering those pricey names though, right? Unai can't be allowed feel disappointed again ☹️

He himself said that he was setting the bar high and would be very fussy, so he will understand if the players he wanted could not be got.

I think he sees the big picture, and also I think his character will not allow him to waste the club's money.

I also think that the owners have done, and will do, everything they realistically can to support him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Aston Villa are NOT short on funds but are trying to act more strategically, with Unai Emery holding a greater responsibility over transfers than previous head coaches " ✅

🗞️ - [@greggevans40]

As I thought .. he has been handed the keys... and he's not just going to sign for the sake of signing IMO.

So Lange is now just a head Scout?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Compared to Everton we've had an amazing transfer window 🤣

Really?

Everton raised £40m, and got rid of Rondon.
We got about £12m for Ings, and the rest were loans, cutting short loans and a free transfer out.

Emery out 😉

16 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Really?

Everton raised £40m, and got rid of Rondon.
We got about £12m for Ings, and the rest were loans, cutting short loans and a free transfer out.

Emery out 😉

We signed two players though and got another recalled from loan.

Everton are joint bottom, and all their rivals have strengthened.  Buying and selling nobody would have been a better window than Everton. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We signed two players though and got another recalled from loan.

Everton are joint bottom, and all their rivals have strengthened.  Buying and selling nobody would have been a better window than Everton. 

I was taking the pee. Not out of you - out of the "crisis" brigade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not signing anyone yesterday was probably the best possible outcome for Dyche. Instead of having to integrate some late panic buys, he can focus on creating a siege mentality in the squad.

"OK lads, no-one is coming from outside to help us. We're going to have to do this shit ourselves. Who are with me?" et cetera

7 at the back and put it in the box for a 6ft 8 incher to get his head on the end of it dyche 😂 … unfortunately he will keep them up and they’ll finish above 16th fairly comfortably 

Edited by RicRic

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

I was taking the pee. Not out of you - out of the "crisis" brigade

Crisis? Not sure. Yes and no. It goes way beyond Villa. English football is definitely **** at the moment. But do I feel panicked about Villa? No, because we're in pretty good shape financially and in 11th -- but yes, because we're a mid-level club forced to live in a money-warped landscape that especially hurts clubs trying to crawl out of middleness. I think a little panic is healthy when things are so messed up.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

All this talk of us not having any money, because we didn't spend big in the window, is total rubbish.

It's not surprising that we didn't spend that much this window, as it is difficult to buy players. The whole league is the same, with an average transfer spend of just £22.5m per club (excluding Chelsea) in January. For context, we spent £26.75m.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Everton really are desperate. Andre Ayew?! Is he going to save them is he?

Maybe we should sign given that so many on Villatalk think we are light on strikers , the perfect “backup player “ 🤣