January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

How does it sound like that? 

Because Marseille said we didn’t even contact them and then later the OM President (below) said we didn’t even bid in an interview.  It could be lies but it’s the only quote from either party on whether there was discussions between the clubs.  We may have found out his fee through his agent but we have have not as well but again that’s speculating.  The only thing we know is that we didn’t bid at all based on what the President said.  

So if we didn’t contact them or bid, we wouldn’t know how much they were willing to accept…that’s how it sounds like that.

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We triggered the 65m euro release clause according to this link

Sociedad being in a CL position may help explain the rejection.

Interesting! Does that mean Marseille wanted even more for Guendouzi I wonder.

Also, Google translate gives me "willing to" as opposed to placed a bid.

Going back up the page, Sociedad could say they received no official bids, but it doesn't mean we weren't right up in their grill. Teams talk a lot of shit @DCJonah

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why would it be lower if they qualify for the Champions League? Or even if they don't.

Marseille believe they are in a title race so didnt want to disrupt the team mid season

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Marseille believe they are in a title race so didnt want to disrupt the team mid season

Still disagree they would reject whatever, let's say £60m, now, but accept it in the summer.

We shall see!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Going back up the page, Sociedad could say they received no official bids, but it doesn't mean we weren't right up in their grill. Teams talk a lot of shit @DCJonah

This journalist claimed we did trigger it. It's certainly an exciting if super random link.

I mean it's all speculative, but just a very random claim to make. However, I do think we'll be investing heavily in the French and Spanish markets, but whether it's Merino, only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just because we were willing to pay 65m for Merino doesn't mean we also willing to pay 65m for Guendouzi.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This journalist claimed we did trigger it. It's certainly an exciting if super random link.

I mean it's all speculative, but just a very random claim to make. However, I do think we'll be investing heavily in the French and Spanish markets, but whether it's Merino, only time will tell.

I googled this journalist. The only fans who seem to even know who he is are Arsenal fans because he apparently reported the mesut ozil move to them before anyone else.

Should be noted that that was a long time ago and they also have him in tier 4 right now.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Still disagree they would reject whatever, let's say £60m, now, but accept it in the summer.

We shall see!

I dont think we offered anything near 60 million and sounds like we never even made a bid. He will probably be available for about 40 million in the summer

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I googled this journalist. The only fans who seem to even know who he is are Arsenal fans because he apparently reported the mesut ozil move to them before anyone else.

Should be noted that that was a long time ago and they also have him in tier 4 right now.

How many accounts does @messi11have? 

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Kenneth Williams Leespoons GIF - Kenneth Williams Leespoons ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What did (or didn't...) merino do in his time at Newcastle?

You look at the state of their midfield pre oil money and if he's struggling for games there something is up, can remember him joining but nothing from him playing

Newcastle fans liked him and he was sold for a profit back to Spain