Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

Completely as expected. Midfield balance is, as always, the main concern with both McGinn and Ramsey in the same three.

I don't think we'll attack from full backs as much so hopefully that helps the midfield 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think I would probably have gone for Buendia over Bailey for this one - I like Buendia's workrate against Leeds - that said Bailey's pace might be a very useful thing as Leeds tend to commit a lot of men forward and we might catch them on the break.

Buendia's just a much better player for me. I do get the pace argument, but that is literally all Bailey offers. His footwork is atrocious and he gives the ball away a disgraceful amount.

I just don't really rate him if I'm honest.

So, Leon Bailey blinder incoming ➡️

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That midfield 3 doesn’t give me much hope. Why isn’t Dendonker starting and push Ramsey further forward instead of Coutinho?

I don’t get it either.. hopefully Gerrard knows more than we do.. but it doesn’t look good to me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

With wolves sacking lage, we need to act quick if we don’t win today to get pochettino in 

And they are only 1 point behind us yet our muppet owners think Gerrard is doing well!

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Mmm. Just had to look Bogarde up to see who he is. Had no idea we have a player called Bogarde.

We signed him last season from Wydad Casablanca AC. 

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

And they are only 1 point behind us yet our muppet owners think Gerrard is doing well!

Win today we’ll be a point behind Newcastle who everyone keeps telling me they have an amazing manager and having a good season.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

With wolves sacking lage, we need to act quick if we don’t win today to get pochettino in 

Do you really, really think that the next job that tempts him back into management is between us and Wolves? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Win today we’ll be a point behind Newcastle who everyone keeps telling me they have an amazing manager and having a good season.

Win today being the problem, hope I’m wrong but just cannot see it. All a bit meh at the moment 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, the Young which came on against Man City looked the type who would be doing the terrorising.

IF we get that one, he should be fine IMO 

My concern is youngs 37 how often can he out performances in like that?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you think city played remotely close to how they did against utd today?

Yes. We nullified them.