Jump to content

Pre-Match Thread


Nigel
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter

Likely to see impressive boobs out for the villa boys!

All things remaining as they are it looks like dendoncker will start this in his place. Same old story that the better option to partner him will probably be over looked for our captain.

Even though the fake rivalry has died a bit I still love to beat these, so no cock up please!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Cash and Bou-Bou Boy  image.png.f55faa035e02d79202a6220efd99148c.png 

are still injured in two weeks then I'd like this attacking, creative, non-turgid 4-1-4-1 line-up, I think:

                                   Emi 1

Ash              Konsa                Mings             Digne

Douglas 'he scores from his own corners' Luis

Bailey           Couts               Ramsey           Emi 2

                                 Watkins

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They would have had about a month off with their postponements to recharge the murderball 2.0 press at home. Hopefully it goes the other way and they look rusty and we stumble across clicking and grabbing another win. Back to back wins at bellend road, tough game awaits though I reckon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
23 hours ago, robby b said:

If Cash and Bou-Bou Boy  image.png.f55faa035e02d79202a6220efd99148c.png 

are still injured in two weeks then I'd like this attacking, creative, non-turgid 4-1-4-1 line-up, I think:

                                   Emi 1

Ash              Konsa                Mings             Digne

Douglas 'he scores from his own corners' Luis

Bailey           Couts               Ramsey           Emi 2

                                 Watkins

 

 

You’re the Shakespeare of football nicknames. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Something like this vs Leeds, but set far back — ie parked bus. Look for narrow passing lanes that bypass their midfield. Not sure we have the athleticism to beat them in the running game, so we’re going to have to use our brains and take advantage of opportunities to counter? Very happy to hear how this formation would be shite or genius. 

5B8BA546-8BE5-4B84-A231-2AC03359363A.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO we can beat them by about 3-0,but only if we play pragmatic football.

Makes sense, but what do you mean by that? Genuinely would love to hear your thinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

How about vs. Leeds? Not sure of Cash's status, tbh. Coutinho is the playmaker. Bailey, Ramsey would come on as impact subs.

lineup (1).png

This team doesn’t have McGinn in it so is not logically possible in this universe or the next. You have to go three over for that to happen and to be honest Thanos has made a right mess of that one. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

How about vs. Leeds? Not sure of Cash's status, tbh. Coutinho is the playmaker. Bailey, Ramsey would come on as impact subs.

lineup (1).png

I don't really see why this line-up would be "suicide" either because you've put in two defensive midfielders, not just one. :s Theoretically, although this might reduce our scoring chances (whether significantly or just a little) it should also mean less chance of us conceding. Perhaps it would make a 1-1 or a 0-0 a bit more likely?

Dendoncker having few touches on Friday was a bit of a concern but hopefully this was down to debut nerves and let's hope he gets more involved and inflential in his next game.

I still feel a bit doubtful about playing both Watkins and Ings from the start, partly as this means sacrificing a creative player/actual winger. If it pushes both Bailey and Ramsey out of the starting line-up then we're losing some pace, direct running and wing play. Various pundits and Villatalk posters have crticised us being too narrow this season... With Bailey, an actual winger, we should in theory have a bit more wing play than with one of the two CFs being put there?

Basically ideas and observations that I've picked up from some posters on here and a few pundits, including Shearer and Micah Richards, rather than my own (as a lot of you Villatalkers watch way more football than me and understand the game better than me !)  ⚽ 🤓

Edited by robby b
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the kick off get changed late, was sure this was a 3pm Sat game and now it's suddenly half 4 on a Sunday?

Hard to call. They started off well but only have 1 point from 3 games and Everton should've beaten them in their last home game.

We seem to do better v them at Elland road than VP in recent times. Last season was a very easy 3-0 win, our last good 90 minute performance under Gerrard.

2-2 feels about right here as think we'll struggle to handle some of their forward players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

How about vs. Leeds? Not sure of Cash's status, tbh. Coutinho is the playmaker. Bailey, Ramsey would come on as impact subs.

lineup (1).png

You didn’t include McGinn, so it’s not happening. Still it is most likely a better lineup than what Gerrard would select  

I wouldn’t have played both Ings and Watkins at the same time , maybe use Ramsey or Bailey on the left side.

I would also consider Chambers as a parter for Luiz.

A 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-3 is better for what players we have than the 4-3-1-2 that Gerrard will select. Because it gives us defensive protection, and it means we can play out from the back, since the midfield would be better at retaining the ball. That again would mean we can build some pressure and move our lines higher up the pitch, that again would give our creative players more option in attack.

I fear Gerrard would pick McGinn - Dendoncker- Ramsey in midfield, since he have no clue.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
6 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

You didn’t include McGinn, so it’s not happening. Still it is most likely a better lineup than what Gerrard would select  

I wouldn’t have played both Ings and Watkins at the same time , maybe use Ramsey or Bailey on the left side.

I would also consider Chambers as a parter for Luiz.

A 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-3 is better for what players we have than the 4-3-1-2 that Gerrard will select. Because it gives us defensive protection, and it means we can play out from the back, since the midfield would be better at retaining the ball. That again would mean we can build some pressure and move our lines higher up the pitch, that again would give our creative players more option in attack.

I fear Gerrard would pick McGinn - Dendoncker- Ramsey in midfield, since he have no clue.

 

 

Yes, exactly what I was thinking, too. Lots of control from a well protected back. And I wouldn't mind seeing Bailey start on the right, too. I guess I was thinking take advantage of Ollie's dribbling skills and pace instead of leaving him wasted, waiting for nothing. He's too athletic to be standing around, but Ings isn't? The main reason I left Coutinho in a AM pivot role is it gives him loads of space, and he's nothing if not a skilled passer. He could take his pick of finishers and have lots of room to maneuver?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â