Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

I've got both the slight feeling of indifference that many others here have expressed, but also a very definite feeling that this could be a cracking game - I just have a feeling both sides will score at least twice.

I'm hopeful that nearer to kick off my petty hatred for the opposition will overcome any misgivings and the indifference will burn off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I used to look forward to villa games so much. Even under dreary managers like Lambert. 

I just don’t really care at the moment

I’ll watch this but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve turned it off before the end

Yep. Judging from the atmosphere at recent games I reckon most people feel the same.

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've got both the slight feeling of indifference that many others here have expressed, but also a very definite feeling that this could be a cracking game - I just have a feeling both sides will score at least twice.

I'm hopeful that nearer to kick off my petty hatred for the opposition will overcome any misgivings and the indifference will burn off.

I have to agree. Leeds are certainly not a team for the neutral to warm to.

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Supremely confident that will we come out on top today. I just feel it in the bones. 

Come on me babbys!

I’d be more confident if not for injuries. Sinistera and Harrison are flying. An ageing Young or a debutant Ludwig will really struggle imo. I’d take a boring point right now. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a best best is to keep it very tight and go long. It’s ugly but Leeds play a very high line and really struggle with the ball over the top. Watkins will thrive playing on the last man. Brentford scored 5 playing this way. 

Our allergy to the football and keeping it tight don't really go well together unless it's back to the wall style and not being in control. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think Gerrard will put us out to try and contain them and we'll fail and get well beaten.

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Our allergy to the football and keeping it tight don't really go well together unless it's back to the wall style and not being in control. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think Gerrard will put us out to try and contain them and we'll fail and get well beaten.

I think containing them is a way to beat them. They are not good enough to break teams don’t but also very open at the back. I think if we face them head on we’ll get beat. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think containing them is a way to beat them. They are not good enough to break teams don’t but also very open at the back. I think if we face them head on we’ll get beat. 

I'm sure a good team could do that, we have difficulty passing the ball to each other.