Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

Leeds are 4/11 with SkyBet to beat us.  For a game many of us believe SG should be winning generally those odds say a lot about the chances, the perception and stats about where Gerrard has us at when Leeds are so far ahead in terms of betting outcome of the game.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Leeds are 4/11 with SkyBet to beat us.  For a game many of us believe SG should be winning generally those odds say a lot about the chances, the perception and stats about where Gerrard has us at when Leeds are so far ahead in terms of betting outcome of the game.

Both sides are better than evens sir.

Maybe you're looking at the price Villa's performance will stink the place out.

Pretty unenthused about the game tbh.

I do not expect us to start playing good football all of a sudden.

Hope for a win obviously but the future of the Gerrard/Critchley project and what style of play we want is still unclear to me. 

I do think Jesse Marsch is even more out of his depth than Gerrard and we have far better players so we have that going for us.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Loss.

3-1 or 4-1.

We actually have a better handle of Leeds at Elland Road than VP in recent times. Think they've only scored 1 goal in our last 4 visits up there.

If we disintegrate that badly then will just shows what a balls up it was not to get another top quality CM in considering we'll probably be starting all of Luiz, Dendoncker, McGinn and Ramsey.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We actually have a better handle of Leeds at Elland Road than VP in recent times. Think they've only scored 1 goal in our last 4 visits up there.

Was that the sneaky bastard goal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

My plan for Sunday, 8 am (4 pm UK time)

1. Get up
  2. Get dressed, go downstairs
  3. Turn on the telly to watch the game
  4. Hope the Mrs brings a cup of tea
  5. Win or lose, enjoy the game. Should we lose:
  6. Get the hell from this forum.

My plan

1. Get up
2. Cause hell on the forum

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we disintegrate that badly then will just shows what a balls up it was not to get another top quality CM in considering we'll probably be starting all of Luiz, Dendoncker, McGinn and Ramsey.

If we disintegrate that badly we have a bigger issue than another CM could fix.

Assuming he sticks with a 3, a midfield of Luiz, Dendoncker and McGinn/Ramsey is an uninspiring but still workable midfield at this level providing 1) we dont have them playing at full back leaving gaping holes in the middle of the pitch 2) get the right trio infront who have the workrate to help deal with Leeds' energy and can make them pay when they turn the ball over to us.

The injuries suck, but we have a much deeper squad this season. At the back we have good cover for Digne in Augustinsson, Young was MOTM stepping in for Cash against Man CIty, and although the Carlos injury was a big blow, the resulting Konsa/Mings duo as a back up isnt bad.

This time last year we had Hause as our replacement CB, Young having to cover both LB and RB, and Nakamba as the back up CM.

Even with the injuries there's no excuse not to be competitive. Its not like we've been pulling up trees with the first choice XI anyway.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

If we draw,it will be 8 points from 8 games

Weve been a point a game for 2022 havent we? Cant be far off that as an average. It is a concern. Also worries me that we dont beat decent teams. Not top teams, but decent teams. Probably a year since we beat a hopeless man United, unless I'm forgetting some results.