Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

20 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Weve been a point a game for 2022 havent we? Cant be far off that as an average. It is a concern. Also worries me that we dont beat decent teams. Not top teams, but decent teams. Probably a year since we beat a hopeless man United, unless I'm forgetting some results.

Depends on what you mean by decent. The wins against Brighton I’d probably say fall into that bracket, although they seem a bit better this season. The away win at Palace was a good result too. 

Before anyone says it, that’s not to say beating Leeds away 3-0, or Southampton 4-0 aren’t good results. They are. But I’m not sure Leeds and Saints were decent sides at the time those games were played.

But I agree with the general vibe of your post, 18 months ago I was looking at nearly every game as “I fancy us to get the three points here”. Now I’m thinking “Well…Forest should be a win, I guess…”.

I think a draw tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Weve been a point a game for 2022 havent we? Cant be far off that as an average. It is a concern. Also worries me that we dont beat decent teams. Not top teams, but decent teams. Probably a year since we beat a hopeless man United, unless I'm forgetting some results.

Brighton was probably our best win under Gerrard so far although perhaps when we play them last March Southampton were higher in the table when we won 4-0.

• Like 1

Leeds will be well up for this and will have this marked as an opportunity to collect 3 points. A draw is probably the most we can hope for under this miserable regime. Can see the away fans turning if we perform as turgidly as expected.

9 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Leeds will be well up for this and will have this marked as an opportunity to collect 3 points. A draw is probably the most we can hope for under this miserable regime. Can see the away fans turning if we perform as turgidly as expected.

Ever thought about volunteering for the Samaritans ? 

• Haha 1

On 01/10/2022 at 05:12, fruitvilla said:

My plan for Sunday, 8 am (4 pm UK time)

1. Get up
  2. Get dressed, go downstairs
  3. Turn on the telly to watch the game
  4. Hope the Mrs brings a cup of tea
  5. Win or lose, enjoy the game. Should we lose:
  6. Get the hell from this forum.

Why would you avoid the pre match forum after the match 😅

Behind enemy lines in the home end today. Would appreciate Villa doing something worthy of making me worried about giving my cover away.

Not going to happen but I wouldn't mind seeing something like:

Martinez 

Young-(Bednarek or Chambers)-Mings-Augustinsson

Dendoncker-Luiz

Bailey-Buendia-(Coutinho or Ramsey)

Watkins

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

Tough game up there with the crowd and the way they press . Always found we struggled to play against Leeds under smith . The win up there last season under Gerrard was superb and we totally bossed them . A point isn’t the end of the world.  1.1 

I used to look forward to villa games so much. Even under dreary managers like Lambert. 

I just don’t really care at the moment

I’ll watch this but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve turned it off before the end

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I used to look forward to villa games so much. Even under dreary managers like Lambert. 

I just don’t really care at the moment

I’ll watch this but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve turned it off before the end

Unfortunately I’m feeling that way too… I think I’ll just check the score once it’s over. I’m out for a family meal and usually I’d be checking the score a hundred times if I can’t watch live, but I doubt I’ll bother today until the end.

Feel like it’s another loss, hope I’m wrong though, obv (I’m wrong tbh)