Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

6 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We are moving up the table because we are winning. If we want to keep our current position or go higher we need to keep winning.

Next week we have Newcastle, Brentford and Fulham, that is going to be a lot tougher than this weeks Chelsea, Leicester and Nottingham.

To be realistic, 3-4 points next week would be ok, but most like leave us out of the top7 spots. If we could do a miracle and get another three wins, we would have at least a foot in Europe.

I think the fixtures are comparable with only Newcastle being tougher. While leicester and Chelsea’s form isn’t the best they both have just as much - if not more to play for than Fulham and Brentford, not to forget those three fixtures are over 10 days with an early Saturday kick off and two at home.

We should be targeting 7 points and happy with 5 from those three games. 

We win and everyone else in the group of six teams we're competing with lost - it's a perfect day.

Chelsea and Fulham are now a bad result or two away from completely dropping out of the running.

Two from Brentford, Liverpool, Villa and Brighton for Europe looks the most likely outcome.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We win and everyone else in the group of six teams we're competing with lost - it's a perfect day.

Chelsea and Fulham are now a bad result or two away from completely dropping out of the running.

Two from Brentford, Liverpool, Villa and Brighton for Europe looks the most likely outcome.

It's pretty much in our own hands too as we play all those teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Citeh losing would be the cherry 🍒 on top. 

Top 6 in the Premier League. I can feel my arrogance growing by the second. 

When do we start selling the half and half scarfs? 

• Like 2

Second paragraph

But there's a few ifs in there have to play well first and put the determination in, if we don't, or play like we played today for example then they will probably beat us.

First paragraph

If we play well we should breaze past Newcastle easy peasy, they aren't that good, they just battle really well; if we match them on the effort side and combine it with our overall superiour footballing ability then should be win for us.

Edited by useless
Swapped paragraphs around so ends with more positive one
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t know what to do been this high in the league. Do i need a harness or some safety equipment ? 

I'm sorry, I can't help, I am too busy dealing with this nose bleed.

• Haha 2

I somehow always think of Villa as being rightfully 6th. Probs from the MoN days. Obviously hope and now believe we can go higher than that next season, but boy it feels good and right to be back. 

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I remember when most were saying European football is just a distant dream with this squad. I stayed positive, an that we might only just touch it, will be good enough for me.

Weird flex.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Matchweek 24 we were 11th, level on points with Chelsea. Now, after 30 games, we sit sixth, and six points ahead of Chelsea.

Eight points ahead of Chelsea

Edited by TheStagMan

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Top 6 in the Premier League. I can feel my arrogance growing by the second. 

When do we start selling the half and half scarfs? 

In fairness, I think us, along with fellow long sufferering fans of once great clubs ( Newcastle etc ) deserve a break.

We've been the butt of jokes and our history widely swept under the carpet by plastic fans and more modern fans who are too young to remember certain things 

I can't wait to be properly hated for success l, we are overdue some arrogance 🤣

* I want to get there the right way obviously.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3