Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Decent half. We got better as the half went on. Young has been excellent. Cash is way out of form and maybe Ash will get a run in the team now. Ollie has been decent too.

We need to get Leon and JJ into the game and you never know. Keep it up lads.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would be ecstatic if he swapped McGinn for one of Buendia or Coutinho at the half.

Both McGinn and Ramsey are ineffectual. Buendia and Coutinho would offer more possession, movement and be better outlets.

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I can actually see a semblance of tactics in this game. Interesting

Compact out of possession. We have some pace upfront and are looking to sucker Man City on the counter. Must be critchleys influence 😏

Edited by Made In Aston

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Buendia for JJ, chambers for McGinn so Luiz can push forward. Buendia has the energy and nastiness to get into them.

I wouldn't change the shape In the middle , Buendia for Bailey, Ings for Watkins later in the game. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now the test will be, when Pep tweaks his system, they start running riot, will SG respond or revert to type?. I.E do nothing until the game is gone.

Like I said I'm not sure if Gerrard has already tweaked the full backs being so narrow 

They were running riot out wide at the start

• Like 1

It's not even been last ditch, bodies on the line defending either. We've played a blinder so far. 

But we've been here so so many times before.  It likely won't last and Citeh could still stroll this by several goals. 

I really feel we would be well served by replacing JJ with Coutinho or Buendia. We might actually take the game more to them then and maybe pick out a Bailey run.   

• Like 1