Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

Best of luck to Donk. He was an underwhelming signing from day 1. Had a very good performances under Unai but not his type of player so best he moves on. 

I wonder are we going to get a replacement or is Tim expected to step up? 

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Belgian international cannot be compared to Callum Chambers and an onlyfitwhenplayingforBurkinaFaso Bertrand Traore.

I might be wrong but paying off Hauser's contract is the worst thing we could possibly do when it comes to FFP. 

Yes it would be much better to find someone who can pay his wages, either on loan or permanently. 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Started every game he was fit for Wolves, starts for Belgium, now moving to Italian champions napoli

But as our 3rd choice holding midfielder and 5th choice CM overall? **** shit mate not good enough... 

He was perfectly fine for the role that he had here 

Don’t think he was called up last few Belgium squads. Let’s see if he makes the Euros.

I’d put money on him being back here in the summer too.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Started every game he was fit for Wolves, starts for Belgium, now moving to Italian champions napoli

But as our 3rd choice holding midfielder and 5th choice CM overall? **** shit mate not good enough... 

Always rated him at Wolves, and rated him here too. Years back... c.Paul Lambert, say, we'd be hailing such a player as a Villa legend. We're miles ahead now, which reflects on us, not Dendonker.

Best of luck the Don. We might be able to find better , but it will be far harder than before. Kamara and Luiz are going to be very difficult to budge, and anyone coming in will know that  . Which will cause big problems. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

I don't think his demeanor helps him. He's not an aggressive DM who goes flying into everything, but that's just his personality. But I do think that makes it easy for some people to judge him a little more harshly.

On 24/01/2024 at 03:11, KMitch said:

Was a weird signing along with Bednarek near the end of that window.  Neither fit our shape or team structure under Gerrard and it was like Lange thought they were bargains, so they came in.  Never had a problem with Donck.  Always did a job and was reliable, just doesn't pass well enough to be starting in Emery's team.  I wish him the best going forward. 

From what I've read about it. He was signed as a replacement for Luiz who we thought would leave that window. Arsenal left it to deadline day and never met our valuation. Luiz signed new contract out of loyalty to club and not to leave for free then. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/01/2024 at 00:33, villa4europe said:

It's not about being good enough, it's about how he can fit into the team and whether his style of play is consistent with ours, and it's not. 

On 24/01/2024 at 23:33, villa4europe said:

About to play Champions League football as well

• Like 1

Â