Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

One of the worst players I’ve seen at Villa in years. Happy if I don’t have to watch him play again. 

Think this is ridiculously harsh and also pretty ignorant of quite how many bad players we’ve had over the years.

He’s limited of course and painfully slow but started in some impressive victories last season (Brentford, Newcastle, Man Utd). I didn’t even think he was that bad on Boxing Day at Old Toilet, the whole team just fell apart in the 2nd half. The fact that the current Italian champions are signing him suggests he obviously has some quality. 

As a backup player he was fine and we definitely need to bring in experienced cover because if Kamara gets injured we only have a 20 year old as an option.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I was sat in the Trinity for that game and will never forgive him. He's been average af in his bit-part appearances since then. Care to elaborate on why you think otherwise?

'Will never forgive him' ffs 😂

He's not the first decent player to make a mistake against a lower league side and certainly won't be the last. It's not all as black and white as you think it is.

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

'Will never forgive him' ffs 😂

He's not the first decent player to make a mistake against a lower league side and certainly won't be the last. It's not all as black and white as you think it is.

Must be a nice view from up there.

I said what I said.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Must be a nice view from up there.

I said what I said.

I didn't mean to be condescending in any way, just think you're being extremely harsh on someone for one mistake.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I was sat in the Trinity for that game and will never forgive him. He's been average af in his bit-part appearances since then. Care to elaborate on why you think otherwise?

You know humans are allowed to make mistakes yes? I assume you are paid a **** ton at work as you are PERFECT 

I'd hope we've got a replacement to come in. Despite what people say Tim is not a CDM he's more an 8 so we're short in cover for Kamara. I think we can get away with McGinn filling in there or Tielemans until end of season if we are planning on giving Tim game time.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Not an obligatory option to buy. I doubt we will make a permanent replacement now whilst we have a risk that Donk may return. It will likely be a temporary replacement or go with what we have.

I think he'll do really well at Napoli and in Serie A so they will hopefully make deal permanent

Don't you just love how Aston Villa do business, 3 pages back the rumours & links come out regards Dendonker buy the following page he is in a Napoli shirt on loan till end of season 🤣 that's why the media don't talk about us because they no shit about us 💪

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You know humans are allowed to make mistakes yes? I assume you are paid a **** ton at work as you are PERFECT 

Not as much as Leander Dendoncker and yet people's livelihoods are at stake if I **** up, and then I will stop getting paid. So I don't.

He's an extremely highly compensated professional athlete. If he makes mistakes that cost us points on multiple occasions then I'm entitled to think he's shit at the job he's been tasked with, because he is.

Maybe he should do your job since apparently you feel free to make repeated mistakes without criticism.

Next.

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Don't you just love how Aston Villa do business, 3 pages back the rumours & links come out regards Dendonker buy the following page he is in a Napoli shirt on loan till end of season 🤣 that's why the media don't talk about us because they no shit about us 💪

Unless Monchi wants them too 😅

Been away most the day, this moved quick!

In fairness, I don't think he's anywhere near as shite as some would try to make out.

A steady Eddie type player who could be useful for many clubs, think he'll do fine in another League.

Either way, the important thing is getting good value for him and the wages off the books.

• Like 4

Must be on a fair wedge this must  be down to FFP.  Not sure we will bring in a direct replacement. A long line of players for Villa who are ok for a few years and then get moved on. After about 6 months you then barely remember he played for us, whilst he earnt millions.

Edited by The Fun Factory

30 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Must be on a fair wedge this must  be down to FFP.  Not sure we will bring in a direct replacement. A long line of players for Villa who are ok for a few years and then get moved on. After about 6 months you then barely remember he played for us, whilst he earnt millions.

Apparently on something in the region of 90 - 120 k I believe.

Could be totally wrong but think I read such somewhere.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently on something in the region of 90 - 120 k I believe.

Could be totally wrong but think I read such somewhere.

He was reported 90k at Wolves and we matched that if those wage sites can be relied upon

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

I think he will do fine in Napoli. I am sure he will be sold at the end of the season after a good loan spell.

Some players are just not suited to the tempo in Premier League, and I think Dedonker is one of them who will do a lot better in Holland, Germany or Italy.

Â