Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

50 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Was a weird signing along with Bednarek near the end of that window.  Neither fit our shape or team structure under Gerrard and it was like Lange thought they were bargains, so they came in.  Never had a problem with Donck.  Always did a job and was reliable, just doesn't pass well enough to be starting in Emery's team.  I wish him the best going forward. 

He doesn’t do anything well enough to fulfill what Kamara does.

im not saying he is crap but we have specific requirements he doesn’t meet.

if we had money I would suggest a lad Forrest signed in the summer as they have FFP issues.

6 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What do you mean with shit? A player who has 32 caps for the national team that has been ranked top in the world for large parts of that time, can such a player really be shit?

Ok not quite ranked top but yes. Yes they can. 

spacer.png

Shit probably a bit harsh. Maybe just not suited to how we play and not good enough for where we want to be. I’m just going off what I’ve seen during his time at Villa. I can’t remember his performances for Belgium so can’t really comment on that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Players I'd have got rid of before Donk (in order):

1. Hause - why the hell is this guy still on our books? Probably on a good £30-40K a week too

2. Chambers - clearly not up to standard as hasn't featured in any league games this season, probably on £40-50K a week, I said we should move him on in summer and as ever I was right

3. Traore - harder to shift because he's at AFCON but he's on a hefty wage and has featured in only 2 league games this season and is always injured

Whether you like Donk or not, he was more valuable to the squad than the three players above and contributed more than them this season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, est1874 said:

I was sat in the Trinity for that game and will never forgive him. He's been average af in his bit-part appearances since then. Care to elaborate on why you think otherwise?

This is absolutely hilarious. 

Even for you. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

1. Hause - why the hell is this guy still on our books? Probably on a good £30-40K a week too

2. Chambers - clearly not up to standard as hasn't featured in any league games this season, probably on £40-50K a week, I said we should move him on in summer and as ever I was right

3. Traore - harder to shift because he's at AFCON but he's on a hefty wage and has featured in only 2 league games this season and is always injured

Whether you like Donk or not, he was more valuable to the squad than the three players above and contributed more than them this season.

The players you mention would have to stay fit, plus actually be wanted by other teams for us to get rid of them.

Hause has been out for probably a year... Traie is only fit for Burkina Faso these days, however I'm almost certain Chambers will also get a low fee move.

We can only move on players which teams want.

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The players you mention would have to stay fit, plus actually be wanted by other teams for us to get rid of them.

Hause has been out for probably a year... Traie is only fit for Burkina Faso these days, however I'm almost certain Chambers will also get a low fee move.

We can only move on players which teams want.

Sure but we’re sort of to blame for Hause (or slippy is), we gave him a contract until 2025 which was odd because he wasn’t going to get a look in even back then. 

I think the other 2 would have suitors, Traore is very gifted so could see some teams being interested (obviously further down the pecking order than us) and we could probably get a small fee for him, and Chambers it doesn’t really matter as we signed him on a free but I reckon teams would value his experience given he’s played at a good level.

My point was that I’d have held off on moving on Donk until we: a) removed players further down the pecking order than him, either by terminating their contract or ideally finding a buyer; or failing that b) sourced a replacement for Donk before letting him leave. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Sure but we’re sort of to blame for Hause (or slippy is), we gave him a contract until 2025 which was odd because he wasn’t going to get a look in even back then. 

I think the other 2 would have suitors, Traore is very gifted so could see some teams being interested (obviously further down the pecking order than us) and we could probably get a small fee for him, and Chambers it doesn’t really matter as we signed him on a free but I reckon teams would value his experience given he’s played at a good level.

My point was that I’d have held off on moving on Donk until we: a) removed players further down the pecking order than him, either by terminating their contract or ideally finding a buyer; or failing that b) sourced a replacement for Donk before letting him leave. 

the prob with Traore isnt whether he would have suitors based on his ability, its whether he would have suitors based on his ability considering what his wages are, and his wages are 75/80k p/w, no-one in their right mind would offer a fee for Traore and get anywhere close to offering him the wages he is on here.

Which is why i think Traore will go out on loan for the last 6 months of his contract here, or he will be around the club for 6 months, and in both scenarios his contract will run down and we will release him on a free, then he will go somewhere else for vastly reduced wages in the summer.

Chambers.....who knows, hopefully we can offload him permanently this window, but he's on 50k or something.

Hause, wages prob not an issue, so hopefully we can loan him or offload him permanently, his injury record might be an issue though, would be a good signing for a champ side though tbf.

Donk - i 100% support offloading him, 90k p/w is madness, i do think he would be decent for a low block side, where he doesnt have to move much and can just sit and protect the back 4, and recycle the ball, or a slower league, but we defo need to offload him, his wages are mad tbh.

offloading those 4 ppl would save us prob 225k p/w, or 12m ish per year, not to be sniffed at, getting that much off the books.

Add Coutinho in to that and its 350k p/w or 18m+ per year saved.

Edited by MaVilla

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

You're aware other teams have to want our player for them to be "got rid of", right?

Unless you want to pay up their contracts I guess, which makes even less sense than keeping them on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

You're aware other teams have to want our player for them to be "got rid of", right?

Unless you want to pay up their contracts I guess, which makes even less sense than keeping them on.

Hause's contract could have been paid up I think, best thing for him and probably the club too. I know we need teams to come in for Chambers and Traore but that's why we have Monchi the master negotiator and they're not bad players, just not good enough for us. If Napoli, a team that won Serie A last season, were interested to sign Donk then I'm sure we could find a team for Chambers and Traore. 

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

We can't hold off moving anybody on that we don't need too much. Leave it more days for us to get a replacement and Napoli could have moved on to another target and we're stuck with Leandro whilst we've just got his improvement on the books.

I get your logic but I don't think it works in the real life game of transfers.

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Good luck to the lad. His inconsistent performances I put down to not having a run in the team.

That's a generous take, you're a not forgiving man than me. 

I'm not convinced a run in the team would have prevented his mistake-proneness or his inability to pick a pass under pressure. 

He's not a player made for our system. He doesn't want to invite a press; he wants to be given time on the ball. Something he won't get here.  International footbal for Belgium probably sees him get plenty of time on the ball,  and in that scenario he's a competent defensive midfielder. I'm sure he'll get similar at Napoli.

I wish him well, and delighted we might get close to £8m for him.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Hause's contract could have been paid up I think, best thing for him and probably the club too. I know we need teams to come in for Chambers and Traore but that's why we have Monchi the master negotiator and they're not bad players, just not good enough for us. If Napoli, a team that won Serie A last season, were interested to sign Donk then I'm sure we could find a team for Chambers and Traore. 

Belgian international cannot be compared to Callum Chambers and an onlyfitwhenplayingforBurkinaFaso Bertrand Traore.

I might be wrong but paying off Hauser's contract is the worst thing we could possibly do when it comes to FFP. 

Â