Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

17 minutes ago, parisvilla said:

Palace have defo been linked recently. Let's hope it's that rather than us being an absolute car crash behind the scenes.

He strikes me as a Palace sort of player. No reasons why they wouldn’t want Zaha and Sarr on their wings. Will be an improvement on Ayew who they stick out wide (I think)

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Think we might just need to relax on this one. Percy would be reporting it if there were issues.

Percy's finally gotten a scoop after a pretty dry summer for him - he's not reporting anything until given the green light by the club now, it'll put him back out in the cold otherwise

Hopefully the deal goes ahead, will probably hear today.  

This potential signing had me thinking more about a potential system/formation change.  No way the owners will let Gerrard away with continuing to play a narrow wingerless system, after signing Sarr (and Bailey last season), so it will force Gerrard's hand to change the system.

• Like 1

I think we will finish above Palace this season, well we should do anyway we have better squad, people always get carried away with teams at the start of season after a good start, or are too quick too write off teams that have a bad start, Viera doing a respectabe job with what he has, but they're not that good, which is what makes our defeat to them all the more desolating.

Also I think these statements like we haven't finished above such and such club in x amount of years to prove that they're more attractive than us are slightly misleading, most of those recent years in which we haven't finished above Palace were under a totally different ownership to what we have now, it was one of the worst spells in the club's history, we also spent three of those years in a different division to Palace, again as a consequence of the last ownership, we're a totally different club now, even though results not brill at the mo, the future's looking relatively good.

All that said if Sarr has a choice between them and us he could well choose them just for the fact it's closer to home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully the deal goes ahead, will probably hear today.  

This potential signing had me thinking more about a potential system/formation change.  No way the owners will let Gerrard away with continuing to play a narrow wingerless system, after signing Sarr (and Bailey last season), so it will force Gerrard's hand to change the system.

Thats my thinking too  he can't play his current crap system as its failed miserably.  Maybe someone has got through to his stubborness head hence the sarr signing if it happens

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats my thinking too  he can't play his current crap system as its failed miserably.  Maybe someone has got through to his stubborness head hence the sarr signing if it happens

Makes sense.  Owners probably wouldn't mind wingers sitting on the bench if we were winning and playing well, but we aren't.  If we sign these players, and continue to not play them, and results don't improve, Gerrard will be collecting his P45 sooner rather than later.

7 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Being called out by another bed wetter.

Oh the shame.

He's not 'wetting the bed' he's pointing out facts.  

This 'we are a bigger club' thing is farcical. Just because we have a bigger stadium, larger fan base etc... means nothing unless results are being delivered.  

It's time we stopped using this as a rhetoric everytime we question something. 

Say Palace were in for him and he has the choice, he'd be mental to choose us. Palace look a very entertaining team to watch, have a shrewd progressive manager and he'd enjoy his football there. 

It's all hearsay anyway, as we don't know what is going on with the deal. 

• Like 1

i was confused why we were signing him in the first place. i can't see that gerrard would've changed system so probably would've tried to shoehorn him into a 10.

he'd have had a season of unspectacular appearances off the bench in a position he's not familiar with before being sold to trabzonspor for 5m.

now, if we have 25m to throw around on players, sign a CM ffs...or just give it to poch as a signing on bonus

• Like 1

Â