Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lots of speculation but if the manager has called the deal off at the last minute you've got to question what the **** is going on. 

It's not a good sign. To me it suggests an internal battle. 

You don't agree fees and have medicals unless everyone is on the same page regarding a signing. 

Disappointed if true, I wanted the player. 

If the medical was yesterday and called off last night, I wonder if a medical issue after results came back? Just a thought, weird to call off otherwise.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

If any of the above is true, we need to steer well clear of this one. One poster on the Watford fans site seems to think the deal Watford are looking for is £25m + Hause (permanent) + Archer (loan). Hopefully, we've told the cheeky bleeders to do one....

I think that's probably what they want. To get all three of our players would need one to be sold to them. We would struggle to agree a fee for Hause I'd say. 

Also we have no replacement in either so it's complicated mixing the deals up like this if true

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lots of speculation but if the manager has called the deal off at the last minute you've got to question what the **** is going on. 

It's not a good sign. To me it suggests an internal battle. 

You don't agree fees and have medicals unless everyone is on the same page regarding a signing. 

Disappointed if true, I wanted the player. 

It won't be the manager calling it off. It'll be the situations with Hause and Archer most likely or something else like the fee wasn't agreed as reported.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s being said that the medical didn’t happen. 

Yeah and other reports saying it was done.  

Guess we’ll hear the real story today or tomorrow.  

Probably nothing in it, it’s probably just negotiation stand off as a normal course of dealings and everything is fine.  Just one side trying to get more out of the deal at the 11th deal but it’ll resolved and the deal happens.  We generally don’t hear the bumps in deals, maybe this one of them, maybe it’s not and the deal is really off. Too early to know, especially as media is our sources who rarely know what we are doing.  I think this is just a wait and see…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah and other reports saying it was done.  

Guess we’ll hear the real story today or tomorrow.  

Probably nothing in it, it’s probably just negotiation stand off as a normal course of dealings and everything is fine.  Just one side trying to get more out of the deal at the 11th deal but it’ll resolved and the deal happens.  We generally don’t hear the bumps in deals, maybe this one of them, maybe it’s not and the deal is really off. Too early to know, especially as media is our sources who rarely know what we are doing.  I think this is just a wait and see…

I agree. But meanwhile where is the CM we need badly?

• Like 1

If I was Sarr and had the choice of us or Palace right now, I know where I'd be going. 

Something is going on, I could miles off the mark but £25mill is a fairly low price for a player who was turning the heads of the 'bigger' clubs in recent times. 

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

If he has the choice of us and palace you’d have to question his sanity if he picked us 

Because we have far stronger financial backing, and a higher ceiling. Oh yeah, we’re a bigger club too. Go back to wetting your bed.

• Like 1

Â