Pre Match Thread

rjw63

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we play well we shouldn't lose, it's that simple. Everton are no world beaters and likely won't be playing a CF tomorrow. CM options are also mediocre compared to us. We've also beaten them 4 times out of 6 since coming up so other than it's hot I'm struggling to see what excuses there are to be made if we play another laboured game.

Going to be a very difficult few weeks for Gerrard if we don't win tomorrow, it's that simple.

That’s a big if 😆

🤞 

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think its a good idea to play McGinn if its going to be 30 degrees today. This weather is for keepimg the ball

Is it ever a good idea nowadays? We’re stuck with him now, el capitano seriously needs to raise his game…

could be a terrible game this, if we are as disjointed as we were last week I can see a just rotten 0-0 here. They'd be happy with a point, onus is on us to not be just utter shite like last time out, even just looking like the players know where the other players around them might be would be great. Oh and the player on the ball not needing a **** telescope to see his nearest team mate.

Just now, romavillan said:

Mings starting makes Gerrard's comments look all the more bizzarre surely?

Possibly taken out of context and overblown… just related to fitness. He has a weird way with words…

• Like 1

There is enough individual talent in this squad to be able to win against Everton even if it doesn't click. Just gotta make sure that the right players have the ball at their feet in the right areas.

Long term thou we gotta figure out a way to look like a team that works as a team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

There is enough individual talent in this squad to be able to win against Everton even if it doesn't click. Just gotta make sure that the right players have the ball at their feet in the right areas.

Long term thou we gotta figure out a way to look like a team that works as a team.

Everybody has said it, but we’re just too easy to run through in the middle of the pitch. Kamara will help but he can’t be as isolated as he was last week.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Maybe, I'm not asking for total football, just basic football. First touch, keep the ball, movement off the ball to give the player on it a chance, being compact, press together, the sort of stuff the u16s will be getting drummed into them.

isolated individuals might make something happen to get us 3 points but there's no guarantees...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Maybe, I'm not asking for total football, just basic football. First touch, keep the ball, movement off the ball to give the player on it a chance, being compact, press together, the sort of stuff the u16s will be getting drummed into them.

isolated individuals might make something happen to get us 3 points but there's no guarantees...

I remember when Gerrard first came in we were playing lots of one-two’s and moving the ball quickly. God knows what happened, but we looked a lot like Southgate was managing us last week.