Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

On 11/10/2022 at 09:17, daft said:

It's all my fault. I took a bit o a break after our fist season in the Championship and just followed from afar, not watching the games until this season. Well, we all know how that went. It's not Gerrard, it's on me. 

Suggest you come up with a better version of yourself and try again. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Sad 1

On 11/10/2022 at 10:16, picicata said:

While they take some blame they are clearly not being coached effectively. Gerrard has as good as come out and said that they don't coach them to attack they merely wait for someone to supply inspiration. These players are well capable of one touch pass and move but have to stop and look up each and every time they get the ball because they have no idea what any other players will be doing. A well drilled attacking team will know that when Player A gets the ball in a certain are Player B will be making run into a different part of the pitch, the ball can be moved quickly and a defence can be split. None of that happens because the players are not being coached to do it. It is exactly the same as a Steve Bruce side and Gerrard is of the same standard of management as Bruce.

Just realised this is the relegation thread, I'll move the conversation else where.

To be fair, as soon as you mention the name "Steve Bruce" your post becomes relevant to this thread! 

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Bottom 3 isn't a question about if but when.

Wolves beating Forest pulls us closer

We could do with a penalty or two, like everyone else seems to be gettng.

Probably miss it though.

On 13/10/2022 at 05:51, zab6359 said:

This team reminds me of Everton last season, absolutely every chance we will be in the same position come the last few games of the season if we don’t address it now and make changes.

Had the same thought the other day, definite parallels.

I don’t think we’ll go down but have seen people laugh off suggestions of it as absurd but if we don’t make changes we are in no way guaranteed to be out of the running.

On paper we are much better than a lot sides but in terms of the football we play we are right down there with Forest.

Our decline since those 3 signings of Bailey, Buendia and Ings is startling.

as useless as Gerrard has been (and he has) - we are also an utterly unbalanced squad full of players who are clearly not happy going through the motions. Not a shred of passion today.

Feels like Gerrard will get us to the world cup and we'll be in the red zone.

Then we'll get a new manager and it'll be pot luck as to whether we'll string enough together to get out. 

Chelsea was really there for the taking today  They was not at the races, looked tired. We should of won!
Leeds and Forrest games once again we should won especially with Leeds going down to 10 men
We've dropped 7 points! 

Sackable

Just now, DCJonah said:

We certainly are. 

Top half minimum purslow said. 

We are top half, as he is been bent over by his pal and looking at the league table upside down....

But seriously he needs to pull the trigger, relegation would be a disaster!