Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

I'm not too worried about relegation *if* we get rid of Gerrard now. There's enough quality in the squad to keep us safe relatively comfortably under an average manager. Problem is the board seem insistent on carrying on and if this goes on into next year we might be too far behind.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not too worried about relegation *if* we get rid of Gerrard now. There's enough quality in the squad to keep us safe relatively comfortably under an average manager.

We can't afford to leave it till the WC break imo.

I think whoever comes in will have a tough task.

Played and threw points in so many winnable games.

Just looking at the games we have after the WC and the way were playing makes me feel sick.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I think whoever comes in will have a tough task.

Played and threw points in so many winnable games.

Just looking at the games we have after the WC and the way were playing makes me feel sick.

It's a long season. We were in a similar position last season and even Gerrard managed to get enough points to keep us just about out of the relegation fight. There's definitely quality in the squad, not top 8 obviously but enough to keep us clear under an actual manager (as opposed to a fraud).

We need to do it now. Fulham only drew 2-2 with Bournemouth at home so that's a winnable away game and we surely are due a win v Brentford...they lost 5-1 in their last away game.

Then Newcastle, Man. United and Brighton is tricky but we took points off them last season in at least one of the games.

Just leave it to the world cup break and next manager will have Liverpool at home and Spurs away to start and I'd rather give them some easier on paper matches to try to get us a few wins before November.

Personally I'd have sacked Gerrard after losing to West Ham at end of August.

We've played six games since and picked up six points so we're just wasting time at this point. Will be same for next six games if we do nothing.

• Like 1

We should be nowhere near a relegation battle with the squad we've got, it needs improving, some of our players overrated, we're not good enough to seriously challenge top six or seven, but at the same time, should be nowhere near bottom three, only way we will be possibly relegated is if we keep hold of Gerrard for too long, or if we get the next appointment wrong.

An half decent manager that knows what he's doing should be able to see us comfortably safe and challenge top half.

14 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Genuinely believe we're getting relegated if we stick with Gerrard.

I never would have thought it but even i think he is taking us down 

We are not winning, we are not scoring, players cant defend its literally signs of a relegation team

**** mess

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We are not winning, we are not scoring, players cant defend its literally signs of a relegation team

**** mess

It was all too evident in pre season ww were badly coached

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

**** mess

It's a real possibility. 

Gerrard is a complete rookie in terms of management at the top level. 

He will come up against better and more experienced managers every week. 

The quality of the squad may save him but so far we're averaging below a point per game. And we're down there in terms of expected goals as well. 

Edited by Pinebro

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was all too evident in pre season ww were badly coached

We looked ok in pre season, but as soon as 1st game ve Bournemouth we all just knew it was going to go like this

this way. Ok the carlos and kamara injuries have been unlucky but we still ahve enough quality to beat the likes of forest and ten man leeds ffs

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's a real possibility. 

Gerrard is a complete rookie in terms of management at the top level. 

He will come up against better and more experienced managers every week. 

The quality of the squad may save him but so far we're averaging below a point per game. And we're down there in terms of expected goals as well. 

100% agree. I see it pointless keeping him we are just wasting our time. Things are not going to get better