Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

Demitri_C

I enjoyed the start. Setting the scene well. 
Think they’ve gone for more gore this time around. 
Matt Smith seems a good fit for the role, in typical GOT style they’ll probably kill him off first (I jest). I’m putting it out there, he’s going to become the Ice King (complete guess not based off any lore of the books).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I enjoyed the start. Setting the scene well. 
Think they’ve gone for more gore this time around. 
Matt Smith seems a good fit for the role, in typical GOT style they’ll probably kill him off first (I jest). I’m putting it out there, he’s going to become the Ice King (complete guess not based off any lore of the books).

This would be awesome, although no idea how they’d pull it off. Still, a great shout.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Just enough references to the original series as well.

Looking forward to next week.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Fell asleep twice trying to watch this, may wait until all 10 episodes are out then watch it all at once.

It took me a while to get into the original GOT so not writing this off just yet.

I don't have the patience to wait a week for anything nowadays. I think the only show I've done it for in years was Severance as I made the mistake of watching the first couple and got hooked.

Enjoyed the first episode. Some good stuff some bad stuff some hideously unsubtle stuff. Seen a lot of criticism online for Matt Smith but thought he was excellent and slimy.

Not bad. Not even remotely close to peak GoT standards, but that is a tough ask for any show. Will stay with it. 

Edited by El Zen

GoT was at its best whilst both following the source material but with the political manoeuvring and such. So House of the Dragon leaning more towards that its been good so far.

Spoiler

Viserys asking what he should do with his brother then suggesting he send him to the Wall as a ludicrous suggestion that is quite literally the best case scenario for him to do if he wants to keep him alive as he doesn't have to kill him, he cannot politically move against Rhaenyra or the crown, and means he can't sire more children which is also a potential future problem. Why was sending him to the Wall not the immediate course of action?? Crush his rebellion and exile him to the North!

I fell asleep watching episode 2, which is never a good sign.

What I watched was pretty boring, and the most potentially exciting scene was basically 

Spoiler

pretty stupid. "Daemon stole a dragon egg" is a plot twist that a child would've come up with. 

I really hope the rest of the episode improves.

Watched the first episode last night. It was ok. Started poorly and got better. Considine did a lot of the heavy lifting as he often does. I'll watch it, but like many others, with how GoT finished so terribly I'm struggling to muster much enthusiasm for this.

It doesn't matter all that much but the effects look awful in this. The dragon looked incredibly fake and most of the scenery looks like a cartoon

• Like 1

Â