Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

Demitri_C

Its almost here! Probably needs its own thread to original Game of Thrones as its a prequel with new cast and set 200 years before the game of thrones story. August 21st so just 3 weeks to go. Not sure how this will go but I expect they will pull out all the stops after the negative reaction to the end of season 8.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Given the original series shit the bed so badly they're still getting the stains out I would struggle to care less about this.

I think they would have learned from this and you probably see a few more "red wedding" moments

I'll be on it, lowered expectations but i'll still watch it, same as LOTR

might be wrong here but i think netlfix goes quiet in September, Disney+ have andor

so it'll be non stop comparisons with LOTR but due to the weekly format i'll be able to watch GoT, LOTR and Andor every week rather than struggle for time

Think it will be something in between what we got from GOT.

Will absolutely not be as well written with as developed characters or plots as GOT had in the first couple seasons. But it should still be better than the crap they rushed out for the last 2.5 seasons.

It's still HBO so hopefully it will be some drama in it and won't just be a predictable box ticking CGI slurry like the stuff that Amazon and Disney puts out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think it will be something in between what we got from GOT.

Will absolutely not be as well written with as developed characters or plots as GOT had in the first couple seasons. But it should still be better than the crap they rushed out for the last 2.5 seasons.

It's still HBO so hopefully it will be some drama in it and won't just be a predictable box ticking CGI slurry like the stuff that Amazon and Disney puts out.

I didnt think season 7 was that bad. 8 was dreadful.

I have a feeling the 1st episode might start with a bang

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Given the original series shit the bed so badly they're still getting the stains out I would struggle to care less about this.

Fortunately Dumb and Dumber aren't involved. I'll never watch a single thing those two Representatives for Wellingborough are involved with, but I'll try to come into this with an open mind. 

I'm still angry about just how badly they **** up Game of Thrones, genuinely was up there as the absolute pinnacle of TV for a few years.

House of the Dragon also has the benefit of being able to do its own thing without having to deal with GRRM not pulling his finger out. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fortunately Dumb and Dumber aren't involved. I'll never watch a single thing those two Representatives for Wellingborough are involved with, but I'll try to come into this with an open mind. 

I'm still angry about just how badly they **** up Game of Thrones, genuinely was up there as the absolute pinnacle of TV for a few years.

House of the Dragon also has the benefit of being able to do its own thing without having to deal with GRRM not pulling his finger out. 

Who are dumb and dumber and when did they get involved? I enjoyed every season apart from 8 but admit season 1-4 were on another level to the rest.

I'll probably watch this cos I tend to run out of things to watch but I'm really struggling to feel any kind of enthusiasm for it after the original GoT series. Maybe as my expectations are on the floor i may enjoy it?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who are dumb and dumber and when did they get involved? I enjoyed every season apart from 8 but admit season 1-4 were on another level to the rest.

I thought season 6 was exceptional. the battle of the bastards is one of my favourite episodes!

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought season 6 was exceptional. the battle of the bastards is one of my favourite episodes!

That's one of the most impressive episodes in the whole show, and the Hodor episode was sublime as well. The rest of the season though, not so much. Remember what they did to Dorne? The sand snakes being turned into a bunch of sassy fraternity chicks? Jamie and Bronn's comedic tour? And on the other side of the world, Arya's stab wound that lasted about 2 scenes? :D 

It was still good and I still tuned in to watch it every week, but the rot had started to set in, IMO. Quite often, in seasons 5-7, the problem wasn't so much with what was in the episodes, as much as all the stuff the cut out that should have been important

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's one of the most impressive episodes in the whole show, and the Hodor episode was sublime as well. The rest of the season though, not so much. Remember what they did to Dorne? The sand snakes being turned into a bunch of sassy fraternity chicks? Jamie and Bronn's comedic tour? And on the other side of the world, Arya's stab wound that lasted about 2 scenes? :D 

It was still good and I still tuned in to watch it every week, but the rot had started to set in, IMO. Quite often, in seasons 5-7, the problem wasn't so much with what was in the episodes, as much as all the stuff the cut out that should have been important

Yeah i agree with most out that dav. I felt that way about season 8 even though they royally messed up the cold war as it was so dark and grainy. I still tuned in even though i just knew they would absolutely ruin it.

But yeah battle of bastards ive seen it so many times and i still love it

No interest went downhill from about season 4 yet continued watching and just constant disappointment

They can try hardest but I think a lot of people feel the same way after being let down

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's one of the most impressive episodes in the whole show, and the Hodor episode was sublime as well. 

HODOR!

My favourite WTF moment of the whole show. I assumed it was so important at the time that Bran could ‘change the past’ in a timeloop… and yet it never turned into anything at all 😩😢

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

HODOR!

My favourite WTF moment of the whole show. I assumed it was so important at the time that Bran could ‘change the past’ in a timeloop… and yet it never turned into anything at all 😩😢

Remember how he could also warg into animals, and there was a big old dragon flying around and dire wolves roaming the land? I guess the writers kind of forgot.

• Haha 1

Â