Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Initially was more excited for this than LOTR but now that I've seen both trailers, I've switched. This trailer looks pretty meh.

GoT was at its best when it was a political drama, rather that an action series. I don’t know if a trailer would be able to capture that anyway. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

GoT was at its best when it was a political drama, rather that an action series. I don’t know if a trailer would be able to capture that anyway. 

i thought it was at its best when it was about tits and killing people

See the source image

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ender4 said:

Does it air tomorrow in the USA?

and then Monday in UK?

Yeah i believe so.

But as i get the american channels i can watch it live.

I was thinking about leaving it and watch them back to back when finished. But with social media etc guaranteed be spoiled as the nature and popularity of the show

Just seen ep1 of HOD and it was ok, “more of the same” kind of vibes…
However, when you’re burnt out on the last few seasons of GOT and moved on, this world no longer scratches that itch in the same way anymore, but I’m sure to warm to it over time 

• Like 1

Not a bad first ep. It's basically set up and introducing the new characters which is what it should be.

It will never reach the heights of the OG show even thou I'm sure they will supersize it and be bombastic as all h. And as always with these prequels you already know (I've no clue as I've not read the books or payed enough attention to the lore) where the big characters will end up.

Solid start thou.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Not a bad first ep. It's basically set up and introducing the new characters which is what it should be.

It will never reach the heights of the OG show even thou I'm sure they will supersize it and be bombastic as all h. And as always with these prequels you already know (I've no clue as I've not read the books or payed enough attention to the lore) where the big characters will end up.

Solid start thou.

I've read A Song of Ice & Fire and Fire & Blood, but still can't remember what happens. There are a hell of a lot of similar names floating around in the books and I read too much to retain everything for that long. Maybe when I watch the show my memory will be refreshed.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

Pretty decent premiere. I kept expecting the worst with each new scene, but it didn't disappoint like that. 

Good job setting up the basic storylines and main characters. 

Good production value. 

It doesn't quite radiate the edginess and excitement of the original, but I suppose that's to be expected. 

All in all, it's better than I thought it would be, so hurray.

I hope they build on the decent start and it gets better.

7.0/10

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Â