162 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Captain?

• Mings
    • Martinez
    • McGinn
    • Young
    • Carlos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 19:47

So we basically give the player with the worse pass stats in midfield the captaincy. I'm trying to believe in Gerrard but he seriously isn't helping me. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

That gerrard quote saying "he needs to focus on his own game" i think thats utterly disrespectful that didnt need to be made public in my opinion.

Is that what he said? What the about McGinn focussing lol on his own game. Worst player in preseason along with Watkins. Was crap last year in large parts. What a thing to say when your choice is worse. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That gerrard quote saying "he needs to focus on his own game" i think thats utterly disrespectful that didnt need to be made public in my opinion.

Disagree with that. Think it's the kick up the arse he needs. Has been poor in pre-season. Was a better player for us before becoming captain. 

I don't think it's disrespectful to give an honest assessment like that. It's not like he's saying he's useless or lazy, he's just saying he can and should do better. 

I would have given it to Mings, no question, and I’m as surprised as anyone. 

Maybe, though, being made captain will help mature and improve McGinn’s game. I hope so. For me, as much as I love our Meatball, he’s not even a given starter on last season’s performances. 

It doesn't matter who is captain - who calls heads or tails and who picks ends.

Who tells the players what time to be at breakfast (if it's not the manager doing that). Who speaks more to the media. It doesn't matter. It's not like cricket where the captain makes all the decisions. It's largely symbolic.

Tyrone will still be Tyrone, and SJM will still be SJM. They'll still be two of the more vocal and outgoing players. Both thoroughly good characters and if concentrating solely on his own games allows TM to cut out the occasional unforced error, then fair dos.

Non-issue for me, and I like and admire both players.

• Like 4

Â