162 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Captain?

• Mings
    • Martinez
    • McGinn
    • Young
    • Carlos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 19:47

I don’t see any reason to take it away from Ty. First of all, why risk upsetting anything? Second of all, he’s a leader on the pitch. Thirdly, he’s outspoken and more than just a footballer. Lastly, and most importantly, he’s the most aesthetically beautiful man on the planet

• Like 2

10 hours ago, El Zen said:

I don’t see any reason to take it away from Ty. First of all, why risk upsetting anything? Second of all, he’s a leader on the pitch. Thirdly, he’s outspoken and more than just a footballer. Lastly, and most importantly, he’s the most aesthetically beautiful man on the planet

He'd be more beautiful without the half mop..... I've legit never understood that hairstyle on anyone 😂.

Either have short dreads, or long dreads, no aeward in between. Lol

On the captaincy, a consideration might be that he possibly isn't a guaranteed starter as a given anymore?

No one can doubt him as a man and ambassador though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Ty without a doubt.

Emi M has leadership qualities, and would make a good vice captain and understudy/ successor until Man City decides to take Mings off us. 😜

Mings for sure. Martinez can be VC and step in for games that Tyrone isn’t selected.Mings is a leader on and off the pitch and the fact he gets the gammons irate is an extra tick for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Love Ty but I think he is behind Chambers & Carlos in form. So thats my only issue. If your captain may not be making the first 11 very often then should they be captain? I dunno. 

For me, yes definitely.

El cap should lead the players every day, be a good example to the kids, organise things outside football etc etc. On the pitch no one gives a shit who the captain is really, people will naturally lead. It’s literally just who the ref will talk to if something needs to be sorted.

That can be any senior player, but what happens day to day off the pitch is more a captains job.

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Love Ty but I think he is behind Chambers & Carlos in form. So thats my only issue. If your captain may not be making the first 11 very often then should they be captain? I dunno. 

What form? Season hasn’t started.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

For me, yes definitely.

El cap should lead the players every day, be a good example to the kids, organise things outside football etc etc. On the pitch no one gives a shit who the captain is really, people will naturally lead. It’s literally just who the ref will talk to if something needs to be sorted.

That can be any senior player, but what happens day to day off the pitch is more a captains job.

Maybe I am wrong but he didnt really play much under Smith but didnt Chester remain as club captain even when Grealish was on pitch captain

• Like 1

I would keep Mings as captain as long as he's here, even if he ends up out of the first eleven and playing significantly fewer minutes (a bit like Milner at Liverpool or Kompany towards the end of his time at Citeh).

A fantastic ambassador for the club, a leader in the truest sense of the word and an incredible role model for our young fans and youth players coming through

• Like 2

Mings and Carlos should be our CB pairing barring injuries. It takes time to forge a rock solid understanding but they have the ability and physical presence to build a formidable partnership.

Both are leaders and captaincy material and neither will go missing during matches.

Mings should retain the captain's armband imo.

Â