v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So how much better did Villa look compared to Leeds? 

Were we looking comfortable or was it a bit of a struggle? 

I only saw the last five minutes of the first half + the second. We looked comfortable throughout but didn't make too many chances. I really can't stand Leeds so was hoping we'd stuff them, oh well.

Just now, regular_john said:

I only saw the last five minutes of the first half + the second. We looked comfortable throughout but didn't make too many chances. I really can't stand Leeds so was hoping we'd stuff them, oh well.

I’m not too fussed about the score line today… one thing I’m particularly looking forward to improving is how comfortable Villa are controlling a game. Last season there wasn’t many games where it wasn’t a hard fight to get a result.  

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So how much better did Villa look compared to Leeds? 

Were we looking comfortable or was it a bit of a struggle? 

Far better than them first half. Second half we swapped 10 players and they kept the same team out, so we were a bit disjointed as well has having an over all weaker side out. Still wasn’t terrible though and our second string is as good as Leeds’ first.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Far better than them first half. Second half we swapped 10 players and they kept the same team out, so we were a bit disjointed as well has having an over all weaker side out. Still wasn’t terrible though and our second string is as good as Leeds’ first.

This sounds optimistic, also sounds like we got depth now… maybe enough to tactically be able to insert the right players for the right games. Not just relying on our “best 11” every game 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This sounds optimistic, also sounds like we got depth now… maybe enough to tactically be able to insert the right players for the right games. Not just relying on our “best 11” every game 

Yeah I mean, it’s a worry if we have to rely on Nakamba this season as he’s the least capable technically in midfield and the difference between him and Kamara is stark especially because it affects how we play. With more possession play as we showed first half, we can afford to be more tactical in who we play in the front 3/4

Edited by a m ole
  • Thanks 1

On 12/07/2022 at 01:47, Villan_of_oz said:

I just tested positive for Covid, after avoiding it for two and half years and now won't be going...

Similar situation, well, about 2 weeks ago, started feeling like I was immune/ invincible 🙄

• Like 1

We've already had a better preseason than last year's shambles.

I'm glad it was competitive, with plenty we did well and plenty we need to work upon before the season starts.

That would have been a very useful game for the players and Gerrard.

That’s the commercial side of the club. Villa will be making a few quid out of this tour as well as getting the minutes in. 

It was a pretty good start actually. Some of the passing was great, albeit rusty in parts. Final ball wasn’t too hot, but I think that comes with competitiveness and more games.

I think our strongest 11 may actually cause a lot of the ‘top 6’ a few issues this year. We were very comfortable against an okay Leeds team. 
Leeds will struggle with that blunt forward line this year, but what was noticeable was our strength in depth relative to theirs

Kamara literally transforms us. Already barking orders and pointing where he wants his teammates to pass to. Watching it back now on a channel10 streeeeem on YouTube and he is so impressive.  Getting huge Roy Keane vibes in how he plays and points. Skinny like Keane as well but really strong with it . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just watched highlights on Livescore. 

Must have been from Dirty Leeds TV as the commentary team were sucking Leeds off all the way through. 

They also stated both penalties were "extremely harsh". 

Only showed our penalties and Ollie's miss, the rest was all Leeds so giving the impression they were robbed. 

Also showed McGinn crunching that prick but didn't show Bumford almost causing a punch up. 

Biased load of steaming maggot filled shit. 

Hope these arseholes are relegated by Christmas 

the first pen was very harsh in fairness

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Was t quite expecting so many to be in attendance for a friendly, blimey.

When you're in Oz or the States or anywhere else that doesn't have a high-level league, and you only get one chance to see PL teams in action once per year, pretty much everyone in town who likes football is going to show up and get their fill for the year.

Edited by TomC
  • Like 3

Â