v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Didn’t he have more goal involvements to mins than any other player? He has to start over Watkins for me. With a consistent run the Ings or Watkins debate won’t even exist but Gerrard seems to prefer Watkins.

And now Ings is down…

yeah that sounds accurate, There is a place for both of them in the team but Ings and Buendia need to feature more as in terms of sheer output they will deliver the goods and are capable of being the gamechangers we often lacked last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Right, I’m here. What the f*** is going on? What have I missed? 

Olsen kamara and Bailey good. Coutinho missed pen, ings scored. Some a level student left one on buendia so mcginn crippled the little clearing in the woods 😆

And Bamford is still a word removed

We need to play McGinn or Sanson as the holding mid for one of these friendlies, see how they look.

Nakamba is of no use if we want to have some possession. The step down from Kamara is even bigger than I thought.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

What are we thinking about Guilbert? Not massively impressed so far.

Poor passing and a bit slow which isn’t going to work in Gerrard‘s system

Edit: but the above is also true. He’s obviously completely out of sync with everyone

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

What are we thinking about Guilbert? Not massively impressed so far.

would like to see him start the next game. I feel like this second half has been too stop and start for him to show what he can do, both teams havent been able top play for long without the whistle going for a foul or offside. Think he would have looked the business in the first half.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

ngl, it kind of feels like we have been robbed of a second half with all the stoppages for fouls and offsides 🤣

As much as we like a tackle, being sensible, you play friendlies for fitness and it's probably not been the best use of the game time

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m glad someone else has noticed it. Had a few good passes but overall he’s seemed quite rusty.

Started this game exactly like he started his Villa career. Wayward passing, losing the ball. If I was Gerrard id give him majority of minutes over the next 3 friendlies to get him peaking for the league even though i reckon stevie G will be keeping him on the bench, at least initially and we go 2 up top.

Â