v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

Just now, TomC said:

When you're in Oz or the States or anywhere else that doesn't have a high-level league, and you only get one chance to see PL teams in action once per year, pretty much everyone in town who likes football is going to show up and get their fill for the year.

Yes,thats why I am going to the Leeds Vs Crystal Palace game as well.The only team I didnt go to watch was Chelski ( a few seasons ago ) I wouldent cross the road to watch Chelski,Everton.Glasgow Rangers or SHA. 

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

wouldent cross the road to watch Chelski,Everton.Glasgow Rangers or SHA.

No danger of seeing them. They can't even afford the bus fare to Dudley. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What formation did we play each half? From the starting XI, it looks like 4-3-3 first half?

Also, does anyone know why Bert wasn't in the squad? Did he even travel to Oz?

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What was the final score?

We won 1-0.A penalty in the first half.IMHO,if it wasent for the Leeds keeper we would have scored a couple more.The ref could/should have  given us more free kicks,he is probably a Leeds supporter,or a very bad ref.

Some lovely stories emerging from the tour in Australia. Anyone got any info on how many Villa fans were in the 40,000 crowd? Just out of curiosity. It looked quite a lot? 

Any nice stories or pics / vids? 

It is amazing to see the global reach the club has when it pulls the plugs out.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Just watched the highlights. Not much in that McGinn challenge. Both went in 50-50.

Just read he was stretchered off, Any update on the injury? 

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Some lovely stories emerging from the tour in Australia. Anyone got any info on how many Villa fans were in the 40,000 crowd? Just out of curiosity. It looked quite a lot? 

Any nice stories or pics / vids? 

It is amazing to see the global reach the club has when it pulls the plugs out.

No idea how accurate but:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Leeds fans are the most sanctimonious bunch of clearing in the woods... 

Tw@tter has been inundated with multiple posts about being hard done by today and THAT tackle, without any sniff of restrospect or acknowledgement of their own players actions on the pitch.

I really dislike the club - they're the yorkshire equivalent of small heath alliance. Detestable and insignificant

historically i never care about the results of friendlies

but the leeds tears do make this one sweet. they have gone into absolute meltdown over this game

• Like 3

Leeds are a team that reek of relegation. Sold their two best players, lost a good manager and replaced him with a grinning imbecile. 

Oh they were playing their two new signings. Did you notice?  me either.

Hope they get into the relegation zone and stay there. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Any club who's chants include chanting literally nothing more than the county they play in deserve to shut down.

So I'm including, let's see here..

Leeds

Doncaster 

Huddersfield

Barnsley

Rotherham

Hull

Sheff utd

Sheff Wednesday

Bradford

Not heard it from Middlesbrough, so keep it up lads.

**** cringeeeeeeworthy

11 hours ago, TomC said:

When you're in Oz or the States or anywhere else that doesn't have a high-level league, and you only get one chance to see PL teams in action once per year, pretty much everyone in town who likes football is going to show up and get their fill for the year.

Yep. I spotted a few Chelski, Liverpool, England, and Argentina tops there. 

Those who love football here will take the chance to see a decent side play Leeds.

• Like 1

Â