v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

2 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

His first touch and ability to move the ball accurately and quickly was transformative.

This is great news. I just hope we can bring in a better number 8 who is very good in possession and can pass. 

Second half was League One standard football. 

Sanson was named on the team sheet, but I'm not at all convinced that he even exists - hard to get rid of nothing.

Fred committed, but still poor in possession.

Carlos looks good, Olsen probably our man of the match.

Overall, uninspiring.

• Haha 4

So pleased that our family of fans down under got to the Villa play live and join in the chanting  (sometimes it's better than this LOL)

Share in the WTFs and The Get In there's, I still remember how I felt seeing the lads play for the first time (before colour tv)

So glad you saw a win too 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Yes.   I didn't get on until 65 minutes so want more time to see who's shit and who's not so shit.

That’s bags of time, if you haven’t written off at least two players in 65 mins you’re doing it wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ramsey did ok and I like the look of Feeney who was composed and had good positioning for a young lad. 

Sanson was unfortunately poor, some nice touches but is a liability and lost the ball nearly every move he was involved in, might be a confidence thing. 

Nakamba is a championship player😕

As for Olsen he made some great saves but needs to work on his kicking for sure, if he gets that sorted then he could comfortably cover for Martinez. 

Feckin hate Leeds 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s bags of time, if you haven’t written off at least two players in 65 mins you’re doing it wrong!

Who said I didn't write anyone off?   I've written off Guilbert and Buendia from what I saw.   Maybe Sanson, too.   Most of the others I'd need to see more of before eventually writing them off.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Who said I didn't write anyone off?   I've written off Guilbert and Buendia from what I saw.   Maybe Sanson, too.   Most of the others I'd need to see more of before eventually writing them off.

Don't forget Aaron Ramsey...don't care he's only 18 he did nowt. Get rid.

• Shocked 1

Just finished the first half. Some nice stuff at times—Douglas, Bailey and Kamara stood out for me.

As expected in pre-season, some very sloppy passes and being caught in possession. But overall a really positive half.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

Â