v Leeds, Brisbane (July 17th)

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Yep. I spotted a few Chelski, Liverpool, England, and Argentina tops there. 

Those who love football here will take the chance to see a decent side play Leeds.

I couldn't believ the amount of Arsenal kits I was seeing....

I thought we definitely outnumbered Leeds fans

• Like 1

Was a little sceptical of the travel so far for friendlies but having read posts on here, watched videos on twitter and listened to Ash Preece updates im so glad we did, opens your eyes to the size of the cliub and the dedication fans put in to support so brilliant they get to see some live matches, the 5.35start was ok too, great start to the day watching the boys win!

Only a friendly and the result isn't important but always nice to beat this horrible lot.

Thought they started quicker/sharper than us but after around 15 mins we were the better side and should have gone in at the break 2-1 up after Philippe's poor penalty, Ollie missing the one on one and James really should have scored for them when he screwed his shot wide.

Second half was a bit stop/start and we probably didn't deserve to win that half but I'll take a 1-0 and a clean sheet with no injuries all day long.

Stand-out players first half were Olsen, Chambers, Bailey and Kamara and second half Olsen (again), Carlos and Ings.

Biggest positives for me were Bailey & Kamara - Bailey looked much sharper, fitter, less hamstrung than he was last season and he hopefully will be like a new signing whilst Kamara played like he had 70+ caps for us, looked good on the ball, always available, physical and looks like he will be a great signing for us. There was a moment we lost the ball and Leeds broke with Dan James on the counter (who's pretty rapid to be fair) and Kamara tracked back and got a great tackle in to snuff out the danger - last season that would have resulted in a shot at our goal. 

Looking forward to Wednesday's game. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some nice ball here..

Yeah, lovely - there's definitely the capability and talent there. It's worth noting that Leeds were very non-threatening, all ends up. Previously their grit and grind style bothered us a lot more,  so that could be evidence of us going up a notch in terms of resilience and belief. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some nice ball here..

I thought it was Nakamba not Bailey when we nearly lost it in midfield. Was worried when he learned to control and pass like that 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

We all know the McGinn tackle will not be forgotten by the time we play them in the league… that lot certainly hold a pathetic amount of grudges 😂

Almost Jawdee-like

• Like 1

Â