Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

Just now, bobzy said:

The problems are being caused by absolute incompetence.  It's sad that people jump to "Liverpool fans".  They probably did for Hillsborough too, I guess.

I agree, but the Liverpool fans are not innocent either as I have said.

You think they would have learned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Agreed.  So why aren't we jumping on Madrid fans jumping the gates too?  Because they're not Liverpool fans, I guess?

It's an organisational shambles.

It was mentioned up the thread that in 1 video it was fans wearing white jumping the fence.

Just now, Villa87 said:

What’s with this shit opening ceremony / music?!

how irate would it make you being outside though? as shit as the music is it's part of the whole event and you'd be there thinking you want to be part of it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Agreed.  So why aren't we jumping on Madrid fans jumping the gates too?  Because they're not Liverpool fans, I guess?

It's an organisational shambles.

They are being. They also appear to be considerably out numbered

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

there's a part of me that does sympathise. within that crowd outside will be perfectly law abiding fans with tickets whose only crime is to get to the stadium less than 2 hours before kick off

i've been very quick to judge here, but it could happen to you or i

Too true mate, there families with kids out there too I guess, not nice.

Just now, tomav84 said:

how irate would it make you being outside though? as shit as the music is it's part of the whole event and you'd be there thinking you want to be part of it

I’d rather wait outside than listen to that, tbh. 

• Haha 1

the BT coverage of the events has been shocking though. i know the tv feed is a 3rd party but how hard would it be to have a member of the production team pop outside and see what's going on and report back?

2 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Showed footage of the gates earlier on my American feed.

It's shambolic. One security guy for a line several thousand deep. I'd be pissed if I were a Liverpool supporter.

I'd be more than pissed if I was a 'Liverpool' supporter. I'd probaby commit hari kari. 😂

• Like 1

Watched France vs Ireland in Rugby 07 World Cup there. Went on train from the city after a few beers. Left in good time but were kettled a bit by police and a 20 minute walk took an hour. Remember that we had to cross over a busy dual carriageway on the bridge a few at a time. 

Also St Denis ain't the nicest area to be wandering around lost at night !

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It seems like it’s been caused by thousands of fans turning up without tickets and making it very difficult for the authorities to get the right people inside.

This is the thing. If only those with tickets turned up and tried to get in everything would be fine. But add tens of thousands of people without tickets also trying to push forwards it then becomes impossible to filter out those with tickets. 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

the BT coverage of the events has been shocking though. i know the tv feed is a 3rd party but how hard would it be to have a member of the production team pop outside and see what's going on and report back?

Licensing, they will not be allowed to broadcast their own coverage, they can only broadcast the footage they purchased

Just now, sidcow said:

This is the thing. If only those with tickets turned up and tried to get in everything would be fine. But add tens of thousands of people without tickets also trying to push forwards it then becomes impossible to filter out those with tickets. 

Sounds familiar 🙄

• Like 1

Â