Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

55 minutes ago, chappy said:

I know 4 Irish bars in Germany (Köln, Essen and Munich) and none of them have restricted opening hours/drinks they serve like this. Wouldn’t say what you’ve described is the norm (although I will accept that Sunday can’t be a write off for many things you’d think would be open)

There's 5 in bonn

2 open at 3pm on a saturday, 1 at 5pm, 2 at 7pm 

Of course the 2 open earlier don't show the football as they're city centre places, the one that opens at 5pm which I'll go to doesn't close until 3am, where I watched the euros last summer doesn't open until 7pm, ze germans are night time drinkers not sunshine drinkers 

Brauhauses and tourist trap places will be open from about 11am but no football and like i said they only serve beer - and its only German beer! I say to the in laws when I'm in England I drink Italian beer Spanish beer even Belgian beer and they're looking at me blank like what's that 

28 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Does this mean the conference league has been a success?

I think it goes to show that UEFA have shit on their own competitions 

But Albania get 1 vote the same as everyone else so this bollocks tickling from ceferin will no doubt go a long way 

Only player I'd heard of playing for Feyenoord was Reiss Nelson.

I'd assume once we've done VP up we'll be bidding for this final and europa aswell.

SO while people dismiss these tournaments it would be brilliant to see us one day play in a final, how good would that be if we qualified for one of the competitions and VP was a final venue (I know we'd have to split the allocations so it wouldn't quite be a true home game).

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

5 European finals won by Jose now and has won 4 different European trophies

His football is still effective in knock out ties below CL.

Worth noting down since 2015/16 season his average league position now tends to be 6th so his style not so effective over 30 + games anymore.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only player I'd heard of playing for Feyenoord was Reiss Nelson.

I'd assume once we've done VP up we'll be bidding for this final and europa aswell.

SO while people dismiss these tournaments it would be brilliant to see us one day play in a final, how good would that be if we qualified for one of the competitions and VP was a final venue (I know we'd have to split the allocations so it wouldn't quite be a true home game).

Based on it being Albania tonight I would guess its political jostling disguised as inclusiveness 

Like I said "lesser" nations still get the same voting power as the biggest, give this final to the likes of Albania, Macedonia, even Croatia, Greece etc tour of Europe and come election time those FAs will remember it, give it to VP and our FA won't give a shit

EL would be a better option 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on it being Albania tonight I would guess its political jostling disguised as inclusiveness 

Like I said "lesser" nations still get the same voting power as the biggest, give this final to the likes of Albania, Macedonia, even Croatia, Greece etc tour of Europe and come election time those FAs will remember it, give it to VP and our FA won't give a shit

EL would be a better option 

I don't have a problem with lesser nations getting showpiece events unless ground's only 20k as that causes ticketing issues. The Supercup has been played in Dublin, Belfast and Tiblisi in recent times (was randomly reading Mark Clattenburg's book and he thought it was in Monte Carlo when he was chosen to ref it and his wife was so annoyed it had been moved to Dublin she refused to travel to watch 😂)

Baku the other year was a joke though.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

His football is still effective in knock out ties below CL.

Worth noting down since 2015/16 season his average league position now tends to be 6th so his style not so effective over 30 + games anymore.

That's more a reflection of the lower standard of team he's working with. José's style will always be effective if he has a squad that buys into it and fans that aren't bothered about playing boring football. Get 11 players organised and working hard defensively then hit teams on the break with a decent central striker up top. It's not rocket science. There'll always be a place in the game for teams that defend well and don't concede many goals. Its just not attrative to watch and also people are tired of José's ego. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

That's more a reflection of the lower standard of team he's working with. José's style will always be effective if he has a squad that buys into it and fans that aren't bothered about playing boring football. Get 11 players organised and working hard defensively then hit teams on the break with a decent central striker up top. It's not rocket science. There'll always be a place in the game for teams that defend well and don't concede many goals. Its just not attrative to watch and also people are tired of José's ego. 

When he was sacked by Spurs they in late April they were about 8th weren't they? Mason came in and won a few games and they only scraped 7th in the end. 6th the previous season despite taking over at similar time in season as Conte did this year.

Chelsea would never have finished top half in 15/16 if he'd stayed the full season, would probably have been bottom six.

When Man. United sacked him in December 2018 they were 7th I think and playing terrible football. OGS came in, won ten straight and they still didn't make top 4 which shows how far off the pace they were.

At Roma he's finished 6th so same position as Fonseca did and we know Serie A isn't of great quality these days.

Still pretty good in the cups but he's been delivering average league seasons for many years now. Good metric is when will he qualify a team for and manage them in CL again? Perhaps next season or perhaps he'll never do it again.

That said I get the feeling Newcastle will be very tempted to employ him in next 2-3 seasons as feels with them rising and fanbase that could be interesting fit.

Edited by VillaChris

On 25/05/2022 at 08:37, andykeenan said:

Champions League Final

Liverpool v Real Madrid BT Sport 1

League 2 Play Off Final 

Port Vale v Mansfield 4pm SS3

Sunday 

Championship Play Off Final 

Forest v Huddersfield 4.30pm SS3

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479h2jkvnkwbw46wipck

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

Liverpool supporters waited hours for coaches bound for Paris on Friday evening

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/spoke-coach-innovations-after-stranded-24088229

jeez you'd be raging wouldn't you

i can't imagine many of this lot had tickets. i don't think any that did would use some mickey mouse coach operator for something so important

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Anyway, we’re all Madrid tonight right? 😂

Footballs the winner tonight. Will be cheering either team if or when they score. 

Last season i was booing both teams. 

As football teams they are 2 of the most enjoyable to watch tonight

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/spoke-coach-innovations-after-stranded-24088229

jeez you'd be raging wouldn't you

i can't imagine many of this lot had tickets. i don't think any that did would use some mickey mouse coach operator for something so important

It was an Evertonian that set up a fake coach company. One of the drivers names was Richard Arlison.  A load of Liverplop fans with tickets have been scammed good and proper. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Footballs the winner tonight. Will be cheering either team if or when they score. 

Last season i was booing both teams. 

As football teams they are 2 of the most enjoyable to watch tonight

it says something about this competition and how the razzamatazz of the BT Champions league sponsored by Heineken, Ford and Sony has somehow managed to make it seem less rather than more important that I can't remember who was in last seasons final. Were PSG one of the finalists?

For tonight, I hate both of these teams and I particularly hate the owner of one of them, the one that wanted to relegate my football club to second tier status forever.

So, I'll take a Real Madrid win with a massive heart attack for Perez in the celebrations thank you very much.

I'm not over the Super league.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

it says something about this competition and how the razzamatazz of the BT Champions league sponsored by Heineken, Ford and Sony has somehow managed to make it seem less rather than more important that I can't remember who was in last seasons final. Were PSG one of the finalists?

For tonight, I hate both of these teams and I particularly hate the owner of one of them, the one that wanted to relegate my football club to second tier status forever.

So, I'll take a Real Madrid win with a massive heart attack for Perez in the celebrations thank you very much.

I'm not over the Super league.

Chelsea and City.

Finals don't tend to be good games, quite forgettable.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

Â