Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

I’m torn with this. I hate Liverpool as much as the next man, but I’ve just started playing in a golf society and there are a few Liverpool fans in the group. They’re  a great bunch of lads, and have been really supportive even though I’m **** shit. And a couple have gone up to Liverpool tonight to be a part of it. 

The football fan in me couldn’t bare to see these bastards win it. But I’m half hoping they do for the lads in the group. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Sounds like these morons don't know how to run a **** football game. If you block off entrances and make people think they're not getting in for kickoff for  a game lke this, they're going to panic and do stupid shit

Absolute farce.

Sounds terrifying, I do wonder if a part of the issue is tens of thousands of ticketless fans (both sides?) causing the authorities issues in getting the ticket owning supporters inside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Sounds terrifying, I do wonder if a part of the issue is tens of thousands of ticketless fans (both sides?) causing the authorities issues in getting the ticket owning supporters inside.

i'd imagine that's a major factor

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Those fans jumping the gates might not be ticketless.

It sounds like the reaction to the chaos outside from the stadium authorities has been to simply say "ah well, we've got enough of em in" and they've locked the gates.

There are fans outside with tickets who will not be allowed in according to some sources.

And they won't get refunds either I imagine. Pretty shocking really. You shouldn't have to get to a stadium 4 hours before kick off to get in

Hate to say it, but it will be. They reckon 150k have travelled. the fan zone area had thousands more than allocation inside too.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Usually for these big events they have a perimeter away from the ground so that only ticket owning fans can proceed.

been there a few times and they don't have that at stade de france. it would be difficult to do that logistically based on my experience there.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hate to say it, but it will be. They reckon 150k have travelled. the fan zone area had thousands more than allocation inside too.

If they have 180k fans around the ground for 80,000 seats then it’s a logistical nightmare. No doubt there’s fans trying to force their way in with and without tickets.

I guess police will say nobody goes in until it’s under control.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What percentage of tickets are corporate vs having been made available to actual fans? I suspect that is not going to have helped matters.

Its the same % every final and as this stadium is an 81k seater that should not be a problem

• Thanks 1

If they have 180k fans around the ground for 80,000 seats then it’s a logistical nightmare. No doubt there’s fans trying to force their way in with and without tickets. 

I would say there are only 55/60k for fans

Â