Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here, I suspect the police behaviour was in response to what was going on.

I dont with the French police 

They're not only **** useless they're heavy handed and can't read situations leading to them causing escalations 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I dont with the French police 

They're not only **** useless they're heavy handed and can't read situations leading to them causing escalations 

I agree the policing seems to be terrible, but I think it is in reaction to problems at the stadium.

I don’t think they believe what they were doing was a normal way to get fans into the stadium.

I think the worry is this didnt happen in the Real Madrid end and the Real fans seemed to get in OK and nearly an hour before the game

Somebody has messed up but apparently 100000 Liverpool fans travelled to Paris which is another issue as about 75000 of them didnt have tickets

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think the worry is this didnt happen in the Real Madrid end and the Real fans seemed to get in OK and nearly an hour before the game

Somebody has messed up but apparently 100000 Liverpool fans travelled to Paris which is another issue as about 75000 of them didnt have tickets

It's not a problem if a million fans travel. It's a problem if 1000-2000 of those try to get in on 2nd hand fake tickets and cause delays. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's not a problem if a million fans travel. It's a problem if 1000-2000 of those try to get in on 2nd hand fake tickets and cause delays. 

Read this pals - and subsequent video footage etc in the comments below.  Be warned, though, it doesn't blame Liverpool fans.

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Maybe have a read of this thread, or what Lineker, Shearer, Andy Robertson, Spanish media and many many others have reported

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, Liverpool fans were bottlenecked, poor organisation. My question is, why weren't they being let in?

No one seems to be answering that question.

I refuse to believe there were only 2 gates for 20 thousand people, especially as that stadium organises similarly big games on frequent basis. 

It happens there for Rugby too

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Read this pals - and subsequent video footage etc in the comments below.  Be warned, though, it doesn't blame Liverpool fans.

Am I blaming Liverpool fans? Do you not think many people (regardless of what team they support) would have bought fake tickets for such an event and tried their luck?

It's not normal, but to be expected. And it must have added to the events last night. 

Add to that the bottleneck and local people trying to break in and you have yourself the 2022 Paris CL final. 

5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Not sure what the hell is happening here.......

Well whatever you do, don't say it was a Liverpool fan who hit him, just because they had a Liverpool shirt on, an a scouse accent there's no proof.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Where's the footage if he has a camera with him, he was obviously outside the stadium, wasn't even in for the game. Where's the footage? He said he was gassed, why did they not turn the camera on and record it or the aftermath, he seems to have recovered well, not even red faced. How many fans were arrested by these heavy handed police. I'm guessing the bottle neck with the police vans was put in place to stop fans rushing in and causing the inevitable, since most didn't have tickets, not a bad idea to be fair.

Also why has it not been reported how the Madrid fans were all in waiting for the game to start. I guess it'll be in the report in 2035.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Well whatever you do, don't say it was a Liverpool fan who hit him, just because they had a Liverpool shirt on, an a scouse accent there's no proof.

He MAY have been a bluenose to be fair. Punch from behind. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Exactly, a Villa fan might have potentially, possibly done the same so we should all pipe down.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Mic09 said:

Yes, Liverpool fans were bottlenecked, poor organisation. My question is, why weren't they being let in?

No one seems to be answering that question.

I refuse to believe there were only 2 gates for 20 thousand people, especially as that stadium organises similarly big games on frequent basis. 

They were in the fan area. They keep them separate from all the sponsors/officials etc. Normal big events are not run like that. 

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Let me spell it out for you:

I don't believe a club like Forest could ever win the Champions League twice or a club like Ipswich could win the league title the season after being promoted, I believe the whole structure of football competitions has been arranged to preserve the Champions League exclusively for the super-rich clubs.

I think it was done to bribe the "big" clubs to cease their talk of a European super league: the Champions League is the de facto equivalent.

So basically "wah wah wah other clubs have more money and are more rich and successful than we are". Let me flip it around. Villa and most of the big clubs have been in the top division for virtually their entire existence. Clubs like Barnet for example have never been anywhere near the top division despite existing for well over 100 years. They could say the same about us. "Aston Villa always have money and the FA protect them from ever dropping down" blah blah blah. So essentially we do what Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal do only not as well. We use our resources to stay at the top (or near it). I dont see you feeling sorry for Barnet.

So you can piss and whine about money, so called corruption, status quo, protected clubs, anything you want but what it really comes down to is you're jealous of more successful clubs. This is where you say you would be alienated from the club if we bought success. Funny how the clubs fans who this has happened to said the same thing until it happened. Fans dont give a **** about how they get their success, they just want it. The ones that dont get it will use any reason to belittle the clubs that do. It's all just a smokescreen for jealously.

Remember, we're jealous of about 5-6 clubs. There are 100s who are jealous of us. Keep that in mind or you will drive yourself crazy.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

Â