Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm assuming that fake tickets are people being duped rather than printing off fakes?

Different situation to being ticketless IMO

That’s a big assumption. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People seem quite happy to assume the opposite

I find the hatred in football utterly ridiculous.  Good summation of society, I guess.  Filled with pricks.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Lots of videos of fans forcing their way into the ground and climbing barriers will do that though.

Nothing quite says I shouldn’t be allowed in like breaking in.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lots of videos of fans forcing their way into the ground and climbing barriers will do that though.

All English football fans are clearings in the woods too then - including Villa ones.  I'm right here, yeah?

Also, this is why I said I'm assuming the fake tickets are people being duped rather than being ticketless (where you'd force your way in).

Stories such as https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18703214/liverpool-fans-scammed-champions-league-final-tickets/, for example.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

All English football fans are clearings in the woods too then - including Villa ones.  I'm right here, yeah?

Also, this is why I said I'm assuming the fake tickets are people being duped rather than being ticketless (where you'd force your way in).

Stories such as https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18703214/liverpool-fans-scammed-champions-league-final-tickets/, for example.

Well, you take your chances with dodgy sources like that.

• Like 3

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Well, you take your chances with dodgy sources like that.

Oh, absolutely.  And they've spotted it before travelling - but I imagine plenty of others didn't.

Seems PDF tickets over Twitter is a massive thing these days as well.

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Normally I would give benefit of doubt but in 2007 Liverpool fans did the exact same thing in Athens which nearly caused trouble 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

in fairness further videos have come to light of fans with tickets outside the gates which had presumably been closed. it could be that SOME of those jumping the fence had legit tickets but they weren't letting anyone else in. if you'd followed your team all over europe, made it to the ground, only to be turned away for no reason, i can understand that you'd get yourself in however you could

i'm playing devils advocate here but it sounded like an utter shitshow all round. a combination of fans without tickets, fans with fake tickets (knowingly or unknowingly), and local residents storming gates to try and get in causing a chaos (remember, st denis is the Parisian ghetto - it's not somewhere you ever want to be lost).

just gotta remember this if we ever find ourselves at a major european final. don't take any chances...rather be bored in my seat in the ground for 3 hours than deal with all that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

in fairness further videos have come to light of fans with tickets outside the gates which had presumably been closed. it could be that SOME of those jumping the fence had legit tickets but they weren't letting anyone else in. if you'd followed your team all over europe, made it to the ground, only to be turned away for no reason, i can understand that you'd get yourself in however you could

i'm playing devils advocate here but it sounded like an utter shitshow all round. a combination of fans without tickets, fans with fake tickets (knowingly or unknowingly), and local residents storming gates to try and get in causing a chaos (remember, st denis is the Parisian ghetto - it's not somewhere you ever want to be lost).

just gotta remember this if we ever find ourselves at a major european final. don't take any chances...rather be bored in my seat in the ground for 3 hours than deal with all that

Sound familiar though? Obviously some people don't learn.

Even if I had a ticket an didn't get in, I'd be well pissed, but you wouldn't catch me climbing over fences risking a night in the Parisian cells, no thankyou. I'd still be there in the atmosphere, so would probably go watch it somewhere, unhappy, but out of danger.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yes, an absolute mess. Nobody really knows if those outside with tickets were real tickets either.

The tickets look cheap and nasty too. I’d have expected for such an event for them to have water marks or holograms in them. It makes them much harder for anyone with a PC to create believable fake PDF’s. 

• Like 2

There's a story on the BBC coverage this morning from someone who spent a thousand pounds (!!!!) on a ticket (and then I struggle to follow exactly because the language is poor) it seems like the stadium scanners wouldn't accept the ticket so they couldn't get in.

Sounds on the face of it like at least some Liverpool fans were defrauded and landed with fake tickets.

But even so... Spending a grand on a ticket? I mean, you've got to at least suspect something is up there...

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Poor language lol

Â