Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

I noticed this quote from Alan Shearer on the BBC

Very little blame could have been attached to the Liverpool fans last night. I'm sure there were some fans without tickets but there is a common theme. There are two footballing events at two of the biggest, well-known grounds in the world, in Wembley and the Stade de France, and it has gone wrong twice.

Both events included English supporters misbehaving. Did the other 2 UEFA cup finals have issues? 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I noticed this quote from Alan Shearer on the BBC

Both events included English supporters misbehaving. Did the other 2 UEFA cup finals have issues? 

Wembley certainly did. Absolute weapons.

Yesterday, not really. I mean obviously there are always a few idiots, but yesterday massively looked like Policing, local youths, and dreadful organisation was the cause.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yesterday, not really. I mean obviously there are always a few idiots, but yesterday massively looked like Policing, local youths, and dreadful organisation was the cause.

So, both events had supporters trying to breach security. Maybe the handling of that issue in Paris was poor, but it possibly wouldn’t have happened if everyone was behaving correctly.

The national side are playing behind closed doors due to the Euro final. It remains to be seen if a similar ban is to be applied to club football.

Just now, Genie said:

So, both events had supporters trying to breach security. Maybe the handling of that issue in Paris was poor, but it possibly wouldn’t have happened if everyone was behaving correctly.

The national side are playing behind closed doors due to the Euro final. It remains to be seen if a similar ban is to be applied to club football.

Seriously, have a read of the Twitter thread I posted above, or many of the other eye witness media accounts of what unfolded.

None of us know 100% sure what happened. But one things for sure, there is no way the uk media are going to come out and blame Liverpool fans directly, not a chance. No one would have the bottle, even with evidence, imagine the back lash.

Wembley was a mix, so that was fine obviously. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

None of us know 100% sure what happened. But one things for sure, there is no way the uk media are going to come out and blame Liverpool fans directly, not a chance. No one would have the bottle, even with evidence, imagine the back lash.

Yep no doubt. It must be just a coincidence that the Real Madrid fans made it into the stadium in good time without any drama and the problem being solely amongst Liverpool fans.

• Like 2

I do wonder sometimes why at some football grounds they treat some fans differently. If I were in charge of large event I would want them in as fast as possible and out as fast as possible. You shouldn't be herding them through small spaces and making them queue for hours. 

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

We don't need to feel too sorry for Liverpool because they are one of the elite clubs, the whole Premier League set-up and UEFA franchise are arranged to protect, so they'll be back next season

What a load of utter bollocks. I don't even know what you're trying to say. I assume you use phrases like the "Sky 4" and "football didnt start in 1992" as well right?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

Does that translate as "Liverpool fans"?  If not, don't waste your typing :D 

• Like 1

The thing is, UEFA wont give less of a **** what happened yesterday. They sold all the tickets and the TV companies around the world had already paid for the rights and 40% of the ground was filled with corporate suits and "friends of the UEFA family", just how they like it. None of the trouble will effect their bottom line so they wont give two shits. They will say they are launching an "investigation" which no doubt will result in the French FA getting fined about £20k. The Stade de France will host another final when its their turn and that will be that.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Maybe have a read of this thread, or what Lineker, Shearer, Andy Robertson, Spanish media and many many others have reported

That can't be true 

If he tried talking to the French police they would have pepper sprayed him 

• Like 1

Yes, Liverpool fans were bottlenecked, poor organisation. My question is, why weren't they being let in?

No one seems to be answering that question.

I refuse to believe there were only 2 gates for 20 thousand people, especially as that stadium organises similarly big games on frequent basis. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blandy said:

Seriously, have a read of the Twitter thread I posted above, or many of the other eye witness media accounts of what unfolded.

I’ve read it and i’d take a lot of it with a pinch of salt.

Firstly, the police behaviour appears to be a result of something. I don’t think they just wanted to be difficult for no reason.

Also, the fans scaling fences were locals and that no colours were visible? There were plenty of red Liverpool shirts in the clips I saw.

What I think has gone down. Stadium is open and people are filing in. The turnstiles are getting fans pushing through, no tickets, fake tickets, causing a nuisance so they declare issues. The police then handle things badly, request gates are closed and make the situation dangerous trying to restore order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, Liverpool fans were bottlenecked, poor organisation. My question is, why weren't they being let in?

No one seems to be answering that question.

I refuse to believe there were only 2 gates for 20 thousand people, especially as that stadium organises similarly big games on frequent basis. 

Same here, I suspect the police behaviour was in response to what was going on.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Wembley was a mix, so that was fine obviously. 

Exactly, football fans know the truth, only team who come to villa Park with fake tickets, no tickets and try and jump the gates or sit in the home areas in full dirty scouse colours, it's been going on for decades.

They do the same everywhere they go, they are like the football equivalent of gypsies. Everywhere they go crime magically goes up but it can't possibly be their fault now can it.

• Shocked 1

Â