Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

There's a story on the BBC coverage this morning from someone who spent a thousand pounds (!!!!) on a ticket (and then I struggle to follow exactly because the language is poor) it seems like the stadium scanners wouldn't accept the ticket so they couldn't get in.

Sounds on the face of it like at least some Liverpool fans were defrauded and landed with fake tickets.

But even so... Spending a grand on a ticket? I mean, you've got to at least suspect something is up there...

Darwinism claims another victim and i have no sympathy whatsoever.

How about doing the safe and sensible thing and watching the game in one of the dozens of fan zones that were set up across Paris to accommodate them.

It's not like they wasn't warned or aware of the dodgy touts e.t.c before all this went on.

Mugs the lot of them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Yes, England are about to play games in an empty stadium because of English fans causing chaos.

Bloody scousers then as well wasn't it? All those fans who stormed Wembley last July were Liverpudlian. Every last one of them.

13 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Bloody scousers then as well wasn't it? All those fans who stormed Wembley last July were Liverpudlian. Every last one of them.

If you read the post you had quoted you’d see that it it in relation to UEFA blaming “English” fans for trouble once again… but don’t let that get on the way of your surprisingly robust protection of Liverpool fans.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you read the post you had quoted you’d see that it it in relation to UEFA blaming “English” fans for trouble once again… but don’t let that get on the way of your surprisingly robust protection of Liverpool fans.

Yes and I made a sarcastic comment to highlight the fact that this is a wider problem than what happened yesterday and is not confined to one group of fans.

41 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Darwinism claims another victim and i have no sympathy whatsoever.

How about doing the safe and sensible thing and watching the game in one of the dozens of fan zones that were set up across Paris to accommodate them.

It's not like they wasn't warned or aware of the dodgy touts e.t.c before all this went on.

Mugs the lot of them.

Yes, because there would be absolutely no Villa fans doing whatever they could to get a ticket to the Champions League final if they were in it. Absolutely none whatsoever. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, because there would be absolutely no Villa fans doing whatever they could to get a ticket to the Champions League final if they were in it. Absolutely none whatsoever. 

If Villa fans did what we saw last night they would rightly be condemned for it too. 

It can’t be excused because hypothetically someone else might also do it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If Villa fans did what we saw last night they would rightly be condemned for it too. 

It can’t be excused because hypothetically someone else might also do it. 

Post was specifically talking about people buying tickets for £1k and having no sympathy with them for being turned away.

And also no, we wouldn’t. We’d rightly chastise the terrible organisation. Some ticketless Villa fans went to Wembley for the playoff final and got in - we didn’t take this stand of faux outrage. It just wasn’t a massive issue because the whole thing was well organised. 

It was all a bit meaningless for the neutrals but as meaningless experiences go, it had its moments.

The pundits got it exactly right when they predicted that Vinícius would cause problems down Liverpool's right, with Alexander-Arnold playing so high up the pitch, and all.

Real Madrid are hard to like as all state institutions tend to be but they sure know how to defend, and Courtois was Man of the Match, even though Liverpool's shooting didn't always make it difficult for him.

Liverpool enjoyed a good slice of luck when Benzema's goal was disallowed, after some uncharacteristic Keystone Cops defending from Red Scouse.

I would have preferred to see Liverpool win but at least the occasion provided an opportunity to see which of their players tend to get overhyped.

The result added insult to injury for the Liverpool contingent, after having their children assaulted with chemical weapons, but they need to understand, that Inspector Clouseau and his crew have been known to break out the water-cannon to sort out a disorderly bus queue; it's just what they do.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!

We don't need to feel too sorry for Liverpool because they are one of the elite clubs, the whole Premier League set-up and UEFA franchise are arranged to protect, so they'll be back next season and will be chasing yet another quadruple, and their dominance, we will be told, is a measure of how competitive the English game is.

After all, a loser's medal is certainly better than no medals at all.

Seeing Forest in the play-off final will be more meaningful by far!

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yes and I made a sarcastic comment to highlight the fact that this is a wider problem than what happened yesterday and is not confined to one group of fans.

Maybe UEFA, the police and the FA will just let it go then because it’s wasn’t a unique event (more sarcasm for you 😉 )

• Like 1

If I was a Villa fan wanting to travel to CL final, who didn't have a season ticket and attend an X number of European games (meaning I can't get an official ticket) I would likely travel to Paris and drink beer in one of the fan zones.

What's the point of spending >£1000 on a questionable ticket, going to the stadium, being turned away and complaining about it? No official ticket was a £1000, unless you had hospitality. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If I was a Villa fan wanting to travel to CL final, who didn't have a season ticket and attend an X number of European games (meaning I can't get an official ticket) I would likely travel to Paris and drink beer in one of the fan zones.

What's the point of spending >£1000 on a questionable ticket, going to the stadium, being turned away and complaining about it? No official ticket was a £1000, unless you had hospitality. 

For context, my brother in law spent £200 on a ticket to see Forest vs Liverpool in the FA Cup (Forest fan). That was a quarter final(?) game.

He’d happily pay £1k (and the rest) for a CL ticket. Most people can’t afford to, but it doesn’t mean that many won’t try it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If there were PDF’s floating around of fake tickets then I expect loads of people would have printed them and tried their luck. 

They sit in your Apple wallet AFAIK. 

How did all Real Madrid fans get into the stadium on time out of interest?

Culture in Spain is actually to arrive even later than English fans into the ground if it's an evening kick off. Can remember going to CL game at Bernabeu that kicked off at 9pm and there was only about 20k in ground at 8.50pm before it got up to 50k.

See if there was operational incidents at both ends of the ground (given it was similar allocations) then you 100% blame UEFA but there's always that little area of doubt Liverpool fans have to carry around. I certainly don't believe there were loads jumping barriers or whatever as that always gets exaggerated (unless it's England playing in a major final) but in previous finals there's been reports of some trying to rush turnstile gates to get in without tickets.

What a suprise

Crowd trouble, fake tickets, trying to climb over fences, why it can be no other than the bin dippers from the self pity city.

But if course its everyone else's fault yet again.

How I laughed as they lost.

Â