Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Losing him is a blow, but I think we'll be fine with the options we have at CB. There's no real point in spending money getting another top quality CB when Carlos is coming back and then we'll be overstacked in the position. Not to mention it'll be very difficult and very costly to find such a CB this late in the window.

A loan would be best, but again where exactly are we going to be able to find a CB of his quality to be loaned to us, might as well just use what we already have.

21 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Losing him is a blow, but I think we'll be fine with the options we have at CB. There's no real point in spending money getting another top quality CB when Carlos is coming back and then we'll be overstacked in the position. Not to mention it'll be very difficult and very costly to find such a CB this late in the window.

A loan would be best, but again where exactly are we going to be able to find a CB of his quality to be loaned to us, might as well just use what we already have.

Nat Phillips?

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think losing him for the guts of the season is a huge blow. It means we cannot play the way Gerrard wants us as we have lost our press resistant ball playing CB and we'll see how bad that is when we play against organised high press teams. 

46 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

People talking like it's been confirmed.  We still have no idea what the injury is or how long he'll be out for.

especially given this season has a great big 6 week hole in it for the world Cup.  He'll likely miss 14 games.  Given it'll take 4 or 5 games for any new player to settle may be we have to trust Chambers to cover.  

Before we bought Carlos I didnt believe that centre back was an area that we were desperate to strengthen. Whilst he is undoubtably a good signing and gives us a better stable of centre backs, I think we can probably make do with what we have

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

People talking like it's been confirmed.  We still have no idea what the injury is or how long he'll be out for.

villa put a facebook post out last night saying "come back stronger diego" so not looking good

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not sure?? As a regular VT poster and somewhat of an expert on these matters I'd say it's over for him and the most likely outcome is amputation. 

• Haha 1

Looking at that video I would be thinking that if the injury is that bad he would not, and should not, have been hopping about......but that is me trying to be optimistic.

This sort of thing always seems to happen to us doesn't it?

By all accounts he's injured his Achilles and it's probably a rupture which is his season over. IF that's the case it massively alters our season as we cannot adapt our play to effectively build from the back. It's a complete utter hammer blow to our season if confirmed

• Haha 1

Â