Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

the only positive i can find, is if we go out and buy another top quality central defender, when Carlos is fit, we will then have our defensive pairing nailed on for next season.

(im trying hard to find something positive to say......)

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Is that a reliable source? 

As far as injuries are concerned yes (I think), but he's not ITK about Villa, he's just speculating based on the news article.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't think we should just go back to market and bring in someone else on £100k+ p/w.  Mings / Konsa were fifth best defence in the league season before last. Chambers hasn't let us down. 

The answer to every question can't be spend more money. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dale said:

Well no but could probably be excused when we've just lost a soon to be key CB we've spent big on for God knows how long.

13 minutes ago, Dale said:

Don't think we should just go back to market and bring in someone else on £100k+ p/w.  Mings / Konsa were fifth best defence in the league season before last. Chambers hasn't let us down. 

Has Konsa looked like a " 5th best " defense defender over the last season and in his most recent showings?

Ollie also looked.like he would go on to score 20 odd goals consistently but that's not how things work.

I do sort of agree, but mostly due to me liking Chambers.

However one of Ming's or Chambers now gets injured and things don't look great at all.

If anything, I'd be ok with a loan of someone assured.

If it was a short - medium term injury I'd be there with you, but this is looking like a full season out for a defender we signed to improve us in the first place.

We signed him because we weren't happy with the defense, so why would we suddenly be happy with a worse version of it?

Either way this is shite, the bloke has had a brilliant injury record over his career and then comes here and crocked ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

16 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I'm crap at linking stuff but the club have just posted on their socials "You'll come back stronger, Diego"

Doesn't look good

No they haven't. They posted that after the game yesterday.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

If he is out injured it's possibly a blessing in disguise anyway, he was only one poor game away from half of this forum declaring him to be shit anyway 😂

You’re right a long term injury can do wonders for a player’s stature in a social media context. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Ah must have just spread them out then, they did it yesterday on Twitter.

Yea they probably have these things timed to post.  If it is his achilles tendon then it would have been made a lot worse after the physio was stretching him for cramp. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Â