Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

If he does become our best central defender, it'll be interesting to see whether he plays best with Mings, Konsa or Chambers as his partner. 

It might end up for example that Mings is better than Konza, but Carlos plays better with Konza.  or vice versa. 

I think he's already placed himself as the top centre back with his pre season performances tbh. I'd be happy with any of the other three partnering him as well, but going on performances at the end of last season and throughout pre season I think it'll be extremely harsh if it's not Chambers alongside him at Bournemouth. 

Edited by RichiBoi11

13 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I think he's already placed himself as the top centre back with his pre season performances tbh. I'd be happy with any of the other three partnering him as well, but going on performances at the end of last season and throughout pre season I think it'll be extremely harsh if it's not Chambers alongside him at Bournemouth. 

Isn’t Moore around 10 foot? I think we need Mings for this one.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Moore is 6.4 tbf, but if he was going to go with Mings I think he'd of taken him to Rennes to carry on building his partnership with Carlos.

Just got a chance to watch the extended Rennes highlights. He's a commanding thoroughbred defender. I'll admit I didn't know too much about him before signing for us but he looks something very special. He may join Luiz as another "good for a card"  player but there won't be much getting past him.

It may not seem like much, but he also just has that intimidating killer look about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Think he was alright. Don't think he made any mistakes but like he's 6' flat. You can't play him with Konsa who can't win anything. 

this is the problem, two short CBs wont work.

& Konsa is s*** anyways.

Should have been Carlos and Mings.

(Chambers played well pre season, but again....not Carlos and Chambers - too short as a pairing)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Think he was alright. Don't think he made any mistakes but like he's 6' flat. You can't play him with Konsa who can't win anything. 

Gonna caveat this by saying I think he looked a very good player in preseason, has pedigree and will be in our back four all season, but he was statistically awful today.

1 tackle.

1 clearance.

0 blocks and interceptions.

Passing accuracy as bad as Coutinho’s (77%)

Worst whoscored rating of the game.

that stat that he lost the ball ELEVEN times in the first half.

concede from two set pieces, when he is supposed to be organising the back 4 (although it was Konsa that didn’t challenge the headers)

a nightmare debut.

Edited by a m ole

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Gonna caveat this by saying I think he looked a very good player in preseason, has pedigree and will be in our back four all season, but he was statistically awful today.

1 tackle.

1 clearance.

concede from two set pieces, when he is supposed to be organising the back 4 (although it was Konsa that didn’t challenge the headers)

a nightmare debut.

Well that's irrelevant then, in fairness.

Bad game for him, as for all involved, but he'll be fine. Far more worried about some other individuals.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

1 tackle.

1 clearance.

a nightmare debut.

I would like to add, that his body-shape when took his shot was beyond terrible.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, a m ole said:

1 tackle.

1 clearance.

a nightmare debut.

God that’s concerning. I’ve seen Bournemouth fans saying they thought he was crap too. 
He did look good against prem opposition in pre season though.

50 minutes ago, a m ole said:

1 tackle.

1 clearance.

a nightmare debut.

I don't think it was a nightmare debut - he had pretty much nothing to do as we had 65% possession and Bournemouth did nothing in attack except for the set pieces. Neither of the goals we conceded I would put on him either. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, a m ole said:

1 tackle.

1 clearance.

a nightmare debut.

Wouldn’t call it a nightmare debut but like most players, nothing to write home about. 11 lost balls is also misleading as he attempted a lot of long balls. Should be interesting to see how long it takes for people to start criticizing him for the “hoof balls” a la Mings.

On 01/08/2022 at 14:39, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does it feel to be more tactically astute than Gerrard but not get paid 6m per year for the privilege.

• Like 1

Â