Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tbf I've seen players walk off and then still spend a lot of time out.

I guess at this point it's just a question of how serious. Because undoubtedly the club are going to be worried if it's anymore than a couple of weeks (and it almost certainly will be), whereas with the kind of area that's affected I'd take two months now if you offered it to me.

Yeah - maybe I am clutching at straws.  I cracked my ankle bone once playing hockey (it remains cracked to this day) and kept playing for 10 minutes before realising that I couldn't see my boot and that maybe there was something wrong!

I'm sticking with the "it's the second game of the season and so it feels worse than it really was" and he'll get the all clear, put his feet up for a couple of days and then be back for the weekend. 🙂  Speriamo.  (Which always sounds so much more optimistic than the English translation!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

From where I was sitting it looked like both physios were helping him off. 

Oh on the TV it looked like he hobbled off on his own.  Maybe the physios are just short and so out of the frame!

18 minutes ago, allani said:

But he walked off unassisted.  I can't believe that if the medical staff were that worried that they would have let him stand up and walk off rather than either using a stretcher or having someone support his weight whilst limping / hopping off.  Fingers crossed.

I’ve seen athletes walk off fields with torn ACLs. It’s certainly possible. 

• Like 1

Â