Luis Suarez

maqroll

I can absolutely see this happening. I think if Danny ings had taken more of the bazillion chances he missed this year we wouldn't be talking about it - he is supposed to be our quality finisher and he has somewhat fluffed his lines

However we need someone to stick away the chances we create and Suarez would do that.

Plus we have a soft spine running through the team and a dearth of players who have ever won anything in their career. Adding a pure winner to the ranks is definitely the right moe

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Another one who'd be on high wages and on the way down rather than up. He scored 11 in 35 this season which is exactly the same as Watkins who we want to improve on.

Only 20 starts for Suarez though. 

I'm not saying he is someone to lead the line for 38 games but he'd be a good option. We need a more clinical and nastier presence up front

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hilarious there is opposition to him joining

Is it? Given his misdemeanours in the past I'd be very uncomfortable with him signing. Club captain attended black lives matters events and speaks eloquently on the subject, signing Suarez undermines a lot of what the club has done in space of equality and anti racism. He's never apologised properly ('I'm sorry for any offence caused') to Evra, if Evra had accepted an apology and made good with him it might be better. Having watched the Anton Ferdinand documentary whilst Terry was here, I've already felt some shame about the club signing bad characters. 

• Like 1

I think this one will happen and honestly, i'm not all that against it. Guy is a bit of a prick though and I understand reservations from people in regards to that. But he would certainly raise the profile of the club. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I think this one will happen and honestly, i'm not all that against it. Guy is a bit of a prick though and I understand reservations from people in regards to that. But he would certainly raise the profile of the club. 

Which is what we lack at Villa. Nice people and we're nice to play against. We're nice to beat. So nice.

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Which is what we lack at Villa. Nice people and we're nice to play against. We're nice to beat. So nice.

I agree with the sentiment, but i'm not sure the type of nasty we want in the team is the racist type of nasty. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I agree with the sentiment, but i'm not sure the type of nasty we want in the team is the racist type of nasty. 

We had John Terry coaching our team!! 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Konsa and Watkins really fall into this bracket for me, lovely lads, just too nice. We need some more bastards in the squad. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah and we need a player who can “earn” penalties like Salah at Liverpool.

Plus get into the heads of defenders, always niggling them…

also somebody who when one on one with the keeper might actually finish! 😁

Scumbag with multiple on pitch misdemeanours. His last act as a player owned by Liverpool was biting somebody at the World Cup

Was a good player but cant move anymore. Maybe can see if Ruud Van Nistelrooy is available as would be like signing similar Suarez is that immobile

Just now, Rodders said:

This idea that only words removed with word removed personalities are capable of giving the side some nite is just such a horseshit argument designed to exculpate arseholes on the grounds, well 'they have talent so let's not worry about the rest'. It shows a complete lack of imagination to decide no other option than an expensive 30 something git with a penchant for embarrassing himself is the only person who can fill this attacking support role. 

You don't know Suarez at all though. Gerrard said he's a good friend of his. Messi too. So by all accounts he's a good lad. Yes he did stupid things like biting on a pitch and his incident with Evra. So what, they were a long time ago now. 

We need to stop defining people by the rare single negative things they've done. I can guarantee you there are millions of people who attend football matches far worse than Luis Suarez. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You don't know Suarez at all though. Gerrard said he's a good friend of his. Messi too. So by all accounts he's a good lad. Yes he did stupid things like biting on a pitch and his incident with Evra. So what, they were a long time ago now. 

We need to stop defining people by the rare single negative things they've done. I can guarantee you there are millions of people who attend football matches far worse than Luis Suarez. 

Suarez has done 4 terrible things on a football pitch

Thats not rare single negative things. It will be a dark day for this club signing this scumbag

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

The opinions of Messi and Gerrard = “by all accounts” then?

As for your point about worse characters attending football matches, we’re not asking them to play up front for us in return for a substantial amount of money.

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

This idea that only words removed with word removed personalities are capable of giving the side some bite is just such a horseshit argument designed to exculpate arseholes on the grounds, well 'they have talent so let's not worry about the rest'. It shows a complete lack of imagination to decide no other option than an expensive 30 something git with a penchant for embarrassing himself is the only person who can fill this attacking support role. 

Did anybody say he was the only person.  He’s the person that is linked with us, has been all this calendar year so we are discussing what he adds.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

The opinions of Messi and Gerrard = “by all accounts” then?

As for your point about worse characters attending football matches, we’re not asking them to play up front for us in return for a substantial amount of money.

Messi is a classy character though with his lack of tax paying and grabbing the big money contracts from Qatar and Saudi Arabia to help sportswash

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Suarez suspension totals have came to nearly a season from biting and racism plus a 9 nonth international ban

If he did that off the pitch he be in jail

So you are saying we will be biting off more than we can chew with this signing 😂

I’d be delighted with him signing, yes he has history.  As you say he’s done his time with suspensions so he’s done his dues.  Yes not the best of characters but a great team mate apparently, professional as a footballer re training etc and better than what we have talent wise.

Â